Danner Santiam

mshane

I have researched quite a bit on this site(and others) and have come to the conclusion that I want a pair of Santiams for my upcoming CO Elk hunt in Spet. My problem is that there is no where even remotely close to me that has them so that I can try them on. So my question is this, do they run true to size as I have a pair of Pronghorns that I have had for 6 years and they just this last deer season have started to let water in and that is the last thing I want being in the mountains for 6 days with wet feet. So if anyone has had both the Pronghorns and Santiams do you have the same size in both.

Thanks in advance for the info....

i was looking at these boots and they reminded me a lot of the cabelas outfitter boots. you might want to look into them also, quite a bit cheaper. not sure about sizing but i would guess they run the same as the other danners - jackals, pronghorns, etc. good luck with the boots and your upcoming hunt. post how whatever you buy performs. thx

-Sig
Find 'em. Learn 'em. Shoot 'em. Eat 'em.

My experience is that they run a half size large. I normally wear an 11 but the 10.5 fit me perfectly. Mine have been resoled (and recrafted) 2 times and are still my favorite boot.

My advice if you want dry feet don't buy Danners and I live in Oregon.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

The US made Danners are not the same as the Chicom boots! If onlt they would make a quality Pronghorn.

"My advice if you want dry feet don't buy Danners and I live in Oregon."

I hunted with my Santiams in the coast range outside of Forest Grove for 6 years without a problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom