Daughters 16c Hunt

mossback50cal

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-13 AT 01:53PM (MST)[p]I want to start this by saying thanks to nmdgf for doing something right with the mentoring program. That allowed my daughter, who turned nine on Thursday, to be able to hunt this year. Needless to say when my brother and I drew 16c for first bow, and she drew the youth hunt there, we were excited. Even though I would have loved to have killed an elk on my hunt, this was much better. I had opportunities on my hunt, but couldn't deal the deal. After arriving on Friday for my daughters hunt, we could not sleep. Waking up at 4 am for a nine year old isn't the easiest thing to do, but she was up and ready after a few minutes. After a little drive, we were in position before the sun came up. About ten minutes after shooting light we ran into a HUGE bull! My daughter couldn't get in position to shoot in time, so the bull started pushing his cows. We snuck in, rounded a tree, and a nice cow was standing looking at us broadside. She made a great shot, an put her down where she stood. My dad and I were there, and it was a great feeling to have three generations with her for her first animal. The work started from there, and after loading her up, we got to go share the excitement with mom, grandma, brother and sister. They were just as excited as we were! I wish I had more pictures, but the camera died.

HAPPY little girl with her elk
4650hunting_and_puppies_032.jpg

Happy dad with Nova's elk
8423hunting_and_puppies_033.jpg

Proud grandpa and his little hunter.
2743hunting_and_puppies_034.jpg

Great job Nova and congrats on such a fine animal. This is what this country needs more girls getting out there and continuing the legacy of our sportsman and women. That elk should be some awesome table fair and great jerky.

Again great job young lady stand tall and proud and say I am a hunter as well as a conservationist!

Congrats to you dad and grandpa as well these are the memories you hold on too for a lifetime.

It's always good to see a kid in the outdoors having a good time. Well done and congrats on the successful hunt.

Thank you all. She is super excited to be able to hunt now. We will get some quail hunting in this winter, possibly some fall turkey, and my January deer hunt. Should be a great first year of hunting for her!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-13 AT 09:34PM (MST)[p]CONGRATS Nova!! Way to go! I can imagine how Great everyone felt being together for her 1st elk! CONGRATS Dad for raising her right & Congrats to your Dad for raising you right!!

+1 on the mentor program. I took my 5 year old out this weekend on his first hunt. He shot a 72 inch antelope. Can't wait till next year to take him for elk. Congrats to your daughter.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom