Daughters First Elk

txjp

6856jason_iphone_149.jpg

This is my Daughter first elk. She shot it on the last day of the hunt in the last few minutes of light. We stalked up to about 160 yards and she was not comfortable with the small window she had to shoot though. So I told her it would be a risk to move to a different spot because we would be exposed to the elk for a few steps. After a little bit we decided to make the move and sure enough the two elk we spotted stood up and by the time we got all setup and ready for the shot they moved on. Just as they walked out of our vision a few more elk walked into view and she was able to get a good shot on one. I heard the hit but he elk just froze and I didn't have my binos up so couldn't see blood or anything so I just said shoot again. She bolted and shot again this time the elk ran. She was beyond excited!! We gathered our stuff and eased over and there it lay with two shots not two inches apart right in the heart!!
As you can see she was super excited! Dad could not be more proud!

A Great big Congratulation to your daughter. That is neat story of the hunt. That is a cool photo also. There is nothing better than having that kind experience with your kids. My daughter got her first elk this last season also. I cherish every one of the memories made in the outdoors with her very much.
SWB

Thanks for all the comments!
I love every minute I get to spend with my kids in the woods!

Jason

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom