Day Late=== Draw Deadline

1manshow

Was woundering your opinion on being 1 day late if app is post marked on feb 10 and they receive by the 11th....Will they send back my check and application??? thanks

If you live close enough take it in to one of the regional offices.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
th_Nuke.gif

Postmarks do not count. The app MUST arrive at G&F by 5 p.m. by mail or by 7 p.m. if hand delivered on Tues., Feb. 10. See below.

Submitting Applications

Applications (except first-come, sandhill crane,
and raptor applications) may be hand-delivered
to Department offices in Phoenix, Mesa, Tucson,
Flagstaff, Pinetop, Kingman or Yuma. Mailed applications
must be sent only to the Department's
Phoenix Office at P.O. Box 52002, Phoenix, AZ
85072-2002. On deadline days, Department
business offices close at 5:00 p.m. (MST), but
applications can be delivered to drop boxes
until 7:00 p.m., (MST). Drop boxes are locked
promptly at 7:00 p.m., (MST). All applications
must be received by the Department before the
deadline. Deadlines for submission are specified
in the Hunt Permit-Tag Application Schedule on
page 12. Postmarks don't count.

From pg. 12:

3. Department offices at Flagstaff, Kingman, Mesa, Phoenix, Pinetop,Tucson and Yuma will close for business at 5:00 p.m. (MST); completed applications will be accepted at these locations until 7:00 p.m.(MST) on deadline days. No applications will be accepted after this time regardless of the postmark. Deadline dates may be extended in the event of a Department related system failure.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I talked to friend that said he had heard that the applications numbers were way down from last year.Anybody else hear the rumor.

I've heard of several people only putting in for bonus points this year. Come on Bull tag!!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-09 AT 06:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-09 AT 04:15?PM (MST)

I'm thinking with the economy and the probability gas will be back up around four bucks, some will opt for points. Add in the money up front, well...

I sure hope that is true. Maybe I'll finally get a rut tag. I guess we will see. I wonder how we can find out if that is a rumor or not. anybody know?

kennyaz
last time the "arizona draw rumor mill" started that same rumor the tag sales were up like 10,000 or some crazy number like that.i guess same same.

just need an atelope tag for my kid 21 and 13bps!!
averagejoe

To get back on point regarding the original question, you are SOL. Numerous Cabelas TAGS applicants went through this last year. Arizona's response was as it should have been. I can not understand why someone would wait until the last minute, nothing personal...

m1fan
It happened to me once in my home state of CA. I'd never missed a draw date before. That spring I had just returned from the Yucatan hunting ocellated turkeys and then a customer invited me to hunt Gould's in Chihuahua. I was so into these hunts that I spaced out the draw deadline. I was so mad at myself because it took me out of the max preference points for elk. Didn't hurt me none, the following year I drew a Tule elk tag and got an 8x8

Well sometimes life gets busy and things get over looked.... with me my buisness comes first and hunting second....I will just need to buy a NM landowner tag!!! 1manshow

Too bad 1man. I feel for ya. As someone said Cabela's went through the same thing last year. Even with Cabela's clout the AZGFD wouldn't budge - and they shouldn't. Hopefully you'll find a good tag anyway. GOOD LUCK. Chip

I talked with a G&F rep. last weekend and he said that apps. were down this year. Dont know if that will mean anything in the final draw but I am banking on a Bull tag this year!

You know that when you miss the application deadline you CAN loose two points!

First of all you don't get a bonus point for that year PLUS if you had accumulated a Loyalty bonus point for five years of applying, you loose that one also.

Never, ever wait until the last day..

Don Martin

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-09 AT 01:50PM (MST)[p]Mulehorn,

If that is correct, it may be due to the economy.

Amen. do your homework if it is important to you. I feel I hang myself out there enough just by not putting in ahead of the "we'll help you fix it if you make a mistake" deadline.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom