Death from above.

jodog

Very Active Member
Iran is sending men and weapons into Iraq to confront the american forces, to force Washington to pull out and break the will of the american people. I am 100% sure they can break the will of some americans and most of the democratic side of congress. Thats bad when a 3rd world country can dictate the politics of the worlds most powerful country. They see the same news we do and they hear all the crying some do, we have a big battle group in their front yard right now. I say it's all or nothing right now. Hit them as hard as we can from above. The politicians that run this country don't listen to the people anyway so go ahead and just do it before 11/08 or someday we are all going to pay a huge price.

LAST EDITED ON May-23-07 AT 02:18PM (MST)[p]Good plan dog. But let's include Syria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Oh what the heck lets just nuke the whole Middle East. They?ll just take it out on Israel anyway. We?ve done such a good job with Iraq so far.

It seems the only politicians not willing to listen to the people right now is the White House gang.

Brilliant post, well thought out.

RUS

I'm not sure what you are proposing? A few precision strikes against militarily significant targets? Or are you talking about nuclear weapons and mass murder of innocent people.

I still believe in America the Just and THAT would not fit in with the America that I am to be proud of.

It seems as if you might want to lie down with the likes of Hitler, Stalin, and Tojo.

beanman

Fred,

I agree with you, but you have to admit, the folks
you're listing were trying to invade and take over
others. We are not.

I think we're defending what we have.

I think there's a HUGE difference.

lrv

Larry,

I could go for destroying port and oil facilities, destroy their ability to produce nuclear weapons, wipeout military aircraft and power plants. Something like the prelude to invading Iraq. I could never condone mass killing of civillians.

The next question would be what would we gain from doing so? I don't know the answer but they and the rest of the Muslim world would certainly be galvanized against us. In effect we might be creating worse problems than we had to begin with without really solving anything.

If we were to do so we had better have incontravertable facts that would justify our having done so. Not just we thought they had WMD's and the like.

I'd pull the trigger myself if it would do us any good, I just don't think it would.

beanman

LAST EDITED ON May-23-07 AT 11:06PM (MST)[p]Beanman,

We won WW2 precisely by killing huge numbers of civilians on purpose. It is a reality of winning an all out war and it might come to that again, unfortunately. I hope we're up to it .

JB

(Iraq is a mess and I'm not talking about that in particular. I do believe Fascist muslims in all the middle east want a war with us and a big war. That is the war we'll need to have the guts to win)

SOME OF YOU BOYS JUST DON'T GET IT???

WTF???

WHEN AT WAR I THOUGHT THE QUICKEST SWIFTEST ASS-WHOOPIN WAS THE AND IS THE ONLY OPTION!!!

WTF???

I GUESS WHEN WE HIT JAPAN THERE WERE NO INNOCENT LIVES LOST THERE HUH???

WTF???

I SAY TOAST EM ALL!!!

WHEN THEY ARE SO GUTLESS THEY WON'T HELP THEIR OWN COUNTRY I GUESS YOU CALL THEM INNOCENT HUH???

WTF???

IRAN,SERIA,ARABIA,BOOM,BOOM,BOOM!!!

I'D STARVE THEM BASTARDS TO DEATH!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

D13'r,

I agree that the only way to truly win is to wage 'unrestricted warfare'. I'm an avid reader and WWII history is my favorite topic. It was the last war that you could say we won. All of them since we have not waged total war, Korea, Vietnam, and now Iraq. I don't believe That the world would sanction unrestricted warfare and that we would face extreme sanctions from the rest if we did. That could have bigger ramifications than we might think. China would salivate over the opportunity to take over as the world's biggest economy which would happen if we went to total war. Why? Because we are not self sufficient, especially in petroleum. Gulf oil would probably stop coming to us as well as from other parts of the world including Russia. Without enough petroleum we couldn't run our vehicles like we do now, could not make tires, plastics, fertilizer for our food etc. We would be isolated and dry on the vine.

Do you think the American public is ready for fuel only by Governement coupons, restrictions on how many vehicles you could own and how many tires you could buy (just like WWII)?

We have not developed the necessary infrastructure to power ourselves yet or mass transportation. Even a crash energy program could not have us self sufficient in 10-30 years.

In short our economy would be in shambles, our lifestyles changed greatly for the worse etc. And our position as world leaders would be gone.

BeanMan

Bean, I agree with your feelings toward a scorched earth policy. I think that deep down, those of us with any conscience would as well. Still, as a student of warfare, you also realize that to win a war, you have to breakdown your foe to a point that they feel that their only hope of salvation, is reaching out to the very ones that are trying to destroy them. Stockholm syndrome on a mass scale as it were.

I would couch the aforementioned with the caveat that as far as Iran goes, at one point not so long ago, they were a pretty "westernized" country. The ayatollahs and the clergy over there keep things pretty stirred up. I would definately go with with the bombing of the reactors, ports, supply and what not. See if the people of that country wouldn't then throw the fundies out.

Another point that you approached was the thought that sanctions against America; total condemnation, etc. would have serious consequences. I don't think so, especially from China. Americans are the largest consumers in the world. We use more of everything, and I think that these 3rd world countries that manufacture the stuff we so desperately crave, don't want to suffer anymore than they are. They've a taste for capitalism now, and like that US dollar. WalMart on its own could probably buy a few of these countries. I am sure that there is no end to the desperate little countries who love to have that US money.

The world does not want Iran to have nukes. No one in their right minds would, except for maybe N. korea, a few ME countries and Venuzuela.

Turn on the news tonight and listen to how Iran is in full swing with it's nuclear program and Im sure you, that dont belive they hate america and are evil will say it's, only for energy that they want to produce neuclear power but all the signs point to a nuclear weapon and it won't be for Iraq or Syria or Turkey it's for Isreal, me, you, your mama....it's for America. I am not for war but when the writeing is on the wall and they tell you they want to destroy you and Isreal. I say we don't have to wipe them off the face of the earth, just take out everything that concerns their nuclear program or we can sit around and pretend everything is just fine like we did through the Clinton years and let them build up and strike us or Isreal, lose thousands of our people and then say you know what, we really need to do something about Iran. So while were right there why not nip it in the bud ? You see, I never forget that the wold trade centers were knocked down in the streets of NYC the pentagon was hit, I know some of don't belive it bud these people really want to kill you.

LAST EDITED ON May-24-07 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-24-07 AT 04:01?PM (MST)

We absolutely must not let countries like Iran and N. Korea develop nuclear weapons. But the methods we use to prevent that from happening need to be well thought out. In WWII we and when I say we, I mean NATO defeated an enemy that was clearly defined, countries with boarders. Japan, Germany etc. We (NATO) were able to defeat the enemy through a cooperative effort. All be it the USA lead the final assault. A couple of problems with attacking Iran:

1. We don't have that kind of coalition this time.
2. There is no clearly defined enemy. It's like fighting a family of 7 brothers; you can't just fight one of them you have to fight them all.
3. The enemy is shadowy organizations such as the Taliban. The Taliban is a data base. How do you fight a data base?

I think the only way we are going to stop the proliferation of nukes in places like Iran and N .Korea is to use their neighbors against them. I'm fairly sure China, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc. would be real uncomfortable with these crackpots having nukes right next door.

Sit by and do nothing? Absolutely not, but choose your actions carefully. We don't need another no-win situation like Vietnam and Iraq.

I just wanted to add if ultimately it requires tatical air strikes to remove the threat so be it. These unstable countries must NOT have nukes.

RUS

RUS,

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) was started in 1949, 4 years after WW2.

So.....what the heck are you talking about?? Do you know ??

JB

JB, your correct. I was thinking the Allied Pact and saying something different.

RUS

If IRan gets away with spouting out of the mouth one more time without us Erasing them off the map then I will be very dissapointed.

I heard just today of a "poll" taken here in the US that shows 26% of Muslims living in the United States think that suicide bombings are acceptable under certain circumstances.

Suicide bombings are when some person straps on a bomb and detonates it in a crowd of innocent men, women, and children. Twenty six percent of Muslims living in the US say that is acceptable!

A lot of innocent people are going to die in this war on terror. Are they going to be Christians or are they going to be Muslims?

I still say the Muslims could police themselves if they had the incentive.

Muslims need to learn to respect us or fear us. Right now they do neither! They are getting stronger every day while we get weaker every day. And it scares the heck out of me.

That's because we have to fight the war with media approved tactics.

Screw Dan Blather and Katie Currdick, fight the war like you want to win it.

GIVE ME THE TOOLS!!!

I'LL PULL THE TRIGGERS!!!

I'D LIKE TO SEE IF THERE ARE ENOUGH VIRGINS IN HEAVAN TO TAKE CARE OF ALL THEM LOWLIFE MURDERING BASTARDS!!!

AH!!!

THE FLY-OVERS!!!

I WANT TO BE PART OF THEM!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

a "poll" taken here in the US that shows 26% of Muslims living in the United States think that suicide bombings are acceptable under certain circumstances.

That's because we have to fight the war with media approved tactics.
Screw Dan Blather and Katie Currdick, fight the war like you want to win it.

I swear to god, our exposure to the media will be the death of us all. I long for an age of innocence. I hate the f***ing internet.

RUS

"FOR CRYING OUT LOUD" AND I QUOTE!!!

WTF???

YOU DIDN'T MIND IT TILL RECENTLY???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Yup, JB and I haven't felt bliss for a long time. That's why I truly hate the internet. I no longer feel we can make up our own minds. Way too much input from too many sources that claim to have the answers. Not only in life but our jobs and everything around us. It's starting to feel like we are no longer in control. We are fed so much information that we can't make up our own minds. It's always someone else's opinion. Oh! well that's my rant for the evening.

RUS

I think what the big boys are affraid of is, that some terroist cell in Manhatan with a dirty or ? bomb would let one go after we do something like what your talkin about, thats why they won't do another Hiroshima.......

I'm with you RUS, information overload and mostly wrong information. 99.9999999% of the net is useless info that may or maynot be true. Photo's aren't even believable any more.

JB

I dont see how we can "win" a war where there is no one army that can surrender. In Germany and Japan we had some one that could surrender. I think we need to declare we are the winers and go home. I say no rebuilding these people and never help them ever again.

whtelk, I couldn't agree with you more. Lots of different terrorist groups with different aggendas and one objective;defeat america.

Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom