deer high or low?

S

sti1471

I am hunting the Utah rifle hunt this weekend in the manti la sal area. unit 12/16B/16C. I live 3 hours away so I have not done any scouting this year.

I know that it has snowed down there recently and was wondering if any elk, muzzleloader hunters had any advise where the deer seem to be at this point. I don't need names or specific mountain but just an idea of if they are still being spotted at high elevations or not.

I don't expect anyone that has a tag for this weekend to give much detail, but anyone who's hunt has ended might want to give a report regarding what elevations they seemed to see the deer at.

Thanks for any tips.

I've seen bucks from top to bottom in western Colorado within the last week. My guess is they'll be spread out unless there's a big storm. Leaving for UT in the morning for the general hunt - looking forward to it.

I have hunted this area pretty much my whole life and the only time I have seen the deer go low is during really bad winters and it has to be really bad for that. They will be high. It has snowed a little but I bet it has all melted off by now. It's supposed to be really nice weather this weekend as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom