deer hunting unit 53

K

kd2688

I drew the first rifle October 20-24, anyone have any helpful information on this unit I plan on going and doing some scouting but don't really know where I need to start.

We hunted elk in 53 last year and saw a lot of deer on the edges of Ute Mountain in easy terrain. We also saw a few in Cabresto Canyon, but the terrain there is much more difficult.

Don't know if this is (helpful information) But the NMDGF is all their wisdom LOL has the 2nd MB hunt Oct. 20-24 at the same time in 53 that's 125 Elk hunters along with you and 99 other deer hunters. I know 53 is a big unit but 225 hunters in the field at the same time is just ridiculous.I have complained about this in the past but they don't listen.I guess my helpful Info. is be careful and maybe wear orange!

CC

53 is a big unit 225 hunter wont be crowded if you get out and walk. try hunting 37 with 600 tags or unit 30 with 1200!!!

I hunted over behind bobcat ranch on public for the muzz. elk season. There were some does over there, did not see a buck. If you hunt there is alot of blowdown trees, and it is hard to get around. With my hunt it also was like walking on corn flakes with the aspen half fallen. Good luck!

I have heard of friends seeing only does on their elk hunt.
Good luck we will be chasing deer on the other side of the river (unit 50).

Hunted Ute mtn pretty hard last year, but only seen doe's. Decided to head to the higher country like goose lake or the enchanted forest and seen quite a few deer including one small buck.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom