deer migrations

I do not agree with revealing their migrations and wintering grounds at all... the deer find places to winter where they are not disturbed, i just feel like revealing those places can have a detrimental impact on the already stressed deer trying to survive the harsh Utah winters.

Is this because you think people are blind and have never seen animals on their winter ground?

Is this because you think people are blind and have never seen animals on their winter ground?

I do see your point there, I do believe some deer find places where nobody knows they are there, but your right for most places, people know they are there. But those are usually the guys who put in the time, money, and effort to get that information by finding the deer themselves. But with this website it just makes it easier for the guys who don’t want to work to find where the deer are, all it takes is sittin on the couch lookin on they’re computer. This just makes it harder and worse for the guys who work for it.

It is my understanding that it will not real time nor specific as to locations.
I'm not sure why they are even advertising it.

If you guys look at the actual data... its confusing as sh*t. I don't think people are going to be using it for poaching... based on the two replies so far... there will be so many people butt humping the wintering animals that there will be too many witnesses for poachers to get away with it. So... which one is it?

I think you guys are overthinking this one a little bit. You may be in search of a problem for your solution.

This won’t result in more poaching incidents, it’s not like these idiots are scouting extensively for their poaching expedition in the offseason.

I can’t see the issue if more people know where the deer go when you can’t hunt them? The information has been out there previously. Ever used the layers on the Utah Hunt Planner?

Are people worried someone may find their shed hunting honey hole, maybe?

I think you guys are overthinking this one a little bit. You may be in search of a problem for your solution.

This won’t result in more poaching incidents, it’s not like these idiots are scouting extensively for their poaching expedition in the offseason.

I can’t see the issue if more people know where the deer go when you can’t hunt them? The information has been out there previously. Ever used the layers on the Utah Hunt Planner?

In all honesty, sort of... Like I said I don’t like the fact that I can go out and put in countless miles on my feet to find a “honey hole” when hundreds of people might find it from their couch. But on another note I kinda do see the issue of more people knowing where they go due to them pushing the deer around in their most unhealthy and stressful time of the year

But on another note I kinda do see the issue of more people knowing where they go due to them pushing the deer around in their most unhealthy and stressful time of the year

You just made a rather compelling argument for not allowing shed hunting until April.

Other states, mainly Wyoming have had a pile of GRAMMA requests filed to access GPS data.

Never be surprised the lengths some folks will go.

Other states, mainly Wyoming have had a pile of GRAMMA requests filed to access GPS data.

Never be surprised the lengths some folks will go.

That only supports my point that people are worrying about this too much. The people that want this information already have it.

How many people worrying about this have actually gone and played around on the website?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom