deer points question

opbuckslayer

We have a party of four but three of us have 3 pts and the other just 2. How does wyoming avg. the points in this case? I was told that it takes us all down to 2 points not rounds up to 3 if we put in as a group. Anybody know for sure?

From what I've read it's an average of the points so your group would be at 2.75 points. I believe this is correct, as this is how we are averaging our points out for draw odds.

That is correct. You would go down as 2.75 points, probably not the best place to be on the scale. A good place is right above an integer cut-off to maximize your points(e.g. 2.25...). If the unit you are applying for historically awards a small percentage of tags to those with 2 points, you will be in 100% with 2.75 and will beat all of the 2.5 groups.

I love the way Wyoming averages their points. You can have one person with 4 points and another with 0 and go into the draw as a group with 2. The odds on this site break things down by half a point (e.g. 2.5) instead of by all of the options because there are just too many options between 2 and 3.

Best of luck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom