Deer tag quotas

lostinOregon

Very Active Member
Has anyone seen the quotas this year yet. Wondering if there will be an increase in quotas in certain areas.

Rich

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-15 AT 08:03AM (MST)[p]From the upcoming May 5 and 6 meeting page:
Adoption of all limited license numbers for black bear, deer, elk, pronghorn and moose for all Game Management Units in the state that have limited licenses for these species for the 2015 big game seasons, and other related regulatory changes to Chapter W-0 necessary to accommodate changes to and ensure consistency with Chapter W-2.

There's only 1 degree of DEAD!

eta Upcoming meeting

How do they decide a year and a half in advance how many tags to issue? There's a hunting season and a winter before that season.

>How do they decide a year
>and a half in advance
>how many tags to issue?
>There's a hunting season and
>a winter before that season.
>

It's not that long, but it is a problem of the draw system.

jainoon's link is the correct info regarding the upcoming May meeting. I should have posted a link instead of copying and pasting info.

There's only 1 degree of DEAD!

>jainoon's link is the correct info
>regarding the upcoming May meeting.
>I should have posted a
>link instead of copying and
>pasting info.
>
>
>
>There's only 1 degree of DEAD!
>

Nope, just the word "upcoming":D.

CPW has posted their agenda items with detail for the May 5-6 commision meeting. The following link will take you to proposed quota information.

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Commission/2015/May/ITEM10-ChapterW-2Final.pdf

It's a weird document as it is slow to load and several pages are blank (3 - 8) at least on my computer.

Anybody have insite into why they lowered elk quotas in Unit 61 when the unit is in the (1% - 10% above Long Term Objective) group?

I clicked on the link and was happy to see the estimated herd numbers in NW Colorado were up and so were the tag quotas. That's what a couple of mild winters will do for you.

Deer tags went down again in my area.

Good thing I have elk, because getting a deer tag is a pain.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom