Deer tag surrender

nontypical

Long Time Member
I drew the early 12AW rifle tag this year. I may not (probably not) be able to make the hunt due to health issues. I have point guard. I hate to wait until the last minute to turn the tag back in, but I don't think I will be able to physically endure this hunt. I had a "medium" surgery yesterday-gall bladder removal. I was told by 2 different doctors that it should be a 2-week recovery, but the surgeon said yesterday it would be 6 weeks before I could life anything over 25 lbs. How long before the hunt starts do I have to petition for surrender?

Thanks

You can wait and see how you feel, should be a good year if you can make it.

A hunt permit-tag must be surrendered prior to the close of business the day before the start of that particular hunt.

The way I interpret the regulation is that I have to mail my tag back. No way I'll make this hunt. I'll be 72 in less than a month and the surgeon told me I could get a hernia if I push it-which means another surgery. If you've never had surgery...trust me; it sucks. Bad. Recovery is the worst.

Thanks for your responses fellas.

Just curious but did you draw in the 20% pass or the random draw? How many points did you have?

Hopefully you draw it again soon once you are feeling better. Good Luck

20% pass. 24 pts. I'll never have enough for the late hunt in my lifetime, so I decided to pull the trigger on it this year. Try again next year. My tag was #1.

I hope you can do it next year. At 24 points you could share with someone that needs a couple points and has experience there. Could get some valuable help with the hunt. The right person is out there if you need/want it health wise.

You can also donate it to some of the groups for wounded vets or youth and still get your points back
I did not realize that or I would have done it, especially since I am also a veteran. However, my wife just returned from sending it back. Damn it!

Well, at any rate, someone should be a happy camper Friday or Monday. PO says it should arrive in Phoenix on Friday.

I hope you can do it next year. At 24 points you could share with someone that needs a couple points and has experience there. Could get some valuable help with the hunt. The right person is out there if you need/want it health wise.
So...I can share points and not need to halve with the other person? As in I share 2-3 and keep the rest?

no the points are totaled, divided by number of hunters, rounded off as necessary. I think wweaver79 meant that if, for example, someone had 20 points, with your 24, would go to 22, so you'd both be in max pool.

My wife's 12AW early rifle tag will go back Monday. We both drew the tag but we put in individually. We are residents with 14 points. She had knee surgery this summer. Her knee is doing well but they took all her vacation time before she could go on disability. There will be some happy people getting phone calls next week.

My wife's 12AW early rifle tag will go back Monday. We both drew the tag but we put in individually. We are residents with 14 points. She had knee surgery this summer. Her knee is doing well but they took all her vacation time before she could go on disability. There will be some happy people getting phone calls next week.
Did you get any notification from the dept that they received your tag? I sent mine certified with return receipt, so I know it was signed for by someone. It's just interesting that they wouldn't bother to acknowledge with an email. Oh well

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom