Deer Unit 61-68

chasemike

Have a question. Do you think it is worth scouting before the season? My son has the late tag. I am planning on going in the middle of Aug. the, only time I have. Then I got to thinking maybe the deer will re locate before we get there. Thinking starting out in Mt City, scout around that area, then drop down to Tusoroara (spelling). Do you think it will be worth the effort? It is a 12 hr drive, I would have two days to scout. Thanks Mike

I have the same tag and I am planning on going the 1st week of Aug. just to get a feel for the area. Last year I burned a couple days checking roads, places to camp, etc. The more you can familiarize yourself with the area the better. It will probably take me 9 hours plus to get there but should be worth it.

I am going, l feel like i, know roads, on google earth, & the maps I have recieved. Been studying like a fool. Waiting back on a call from the biologist, to gain some more information. Can't
wait, I act like I have the tag. Mike

hot and dry in the middle of august, the deer will probably be in somewhat different areas, and the archery hunt will be on. I wouldn't bother going if it were me, I would spend more time during the hunt, the deer are scattered, despite all the good looking deer country they aren't everywhere,and they can be found most anywhere, your best chance is catching them with the does on the late hunt, very early morning is best, especially if its warm.

I grew up in Elko and
this is my opinion for what its worth

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom