deer unit 63

J

Jackjr

Thinking of hunting colorado for the first year next year. Was thinking of unit 63 not sure which season. Just a wild guess, and you got to start somewhere. I am a NR with 2 points this year. what is the odd of getting drawn? I was told you could get drawn with two points, but the way I see it on the regs it looks like its three years. anyways any info would be great. Oh ya is this a ok unit to try and start with? Thanks

Great unit if you have someone with some private land. All the good deer move into private during hunting season.
jc

I would not say it is a waist of time. This last year the weather didn't come and the deer didn't come down till after the seasons were over. The deer have figured out that a lot of the private is not hunted anymore and it is a safe place. As soon as hunting starts or before they all seem to move to private and don't come off. You will see a hand full of bucks in transition to the private but very few and more than likely they won't be what you want. Another problem is that the high country has a outfitter and he hunts the crap out of the high country and most of the time we have some snow up there making it tough. So most of the hunters are hunting the transistion range. Plus you have tons of elk hunters making drives and driving up and down the roads.
I would just say that if you were going to use your point up on a 63 hunt you will want to do your homework. If you do decide to hunt here pm me and I will help you.
JC

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom