Deer unit 71-79

Robiland

Very Active Member
Hey guys, I asked earlier but now that the hunt opens here in a few days, looking for a little more help/advice.

So we cant leave til sunday morning for the hunt. We were out there mid to end of Aug. Saw a few deer, but nothing great. We had a lope tag so spent most time killing one of those. Any body seeing good deer #'s or size? We are probably going to hit unit 73 at the beginning. Any help or info would be nice. Thanks in advance. We are out of staters, I know, everyones favorites. But thanks for all the previous info given earlier this summer!!

Hunted it back in 09 and seen a ton of deer but no big bucks. Hunted it for 6 days and the biggest i could find was a 22in 4pt, needless to say i hate tag soup. I hunted mostly 075 around the antelope pk area. The deer were moving like crazy by the 2nd weekend across the highway between wells and jackpot. The pequip mts along highway 80 got better as deer moved in later in the hunt. but like i said i couldn't find the big one. Also spent some time up around copper mt, dam big country, would have love to spend some more time in there but only hunted 1 day. I did see a few deer but nothing big. Anyways hope this help you. I stayed in wells and hunted out of a motel. if you spend time up around copper mt. you will want to camp cuz it is a bit of a drive. If i was to draw that unit again i would hunt west of jackpot and hunt in the elk mountains there, i think that is what they are called, but it is on the Idaho border west of jackpot, especially early in the season. good luck and let us know how you do.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-13 AT 08:34AM (MST)[p]http://www.monsterhuntclips.com/video/2265/Nevada-bucks

Here are some area 7 bucks I found on my 2013 muzzle loader hunt.

Yeah I must have done something wrong when I tried to post the buck video.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom