DeerKing...?...

M

manny15

would you have any sugestions on any eastern Colo guides that would have any buck tags left...thanks//////

Not being anything close to DK, I can however tell you this about eastern Colorado deer hunting. It's expensive, even if you have knee pads. If some of the landowners were gonna have any tags, believe me, these would be a high dollar item. All deer tags in Colorado are obtained through a lottery / drawing only and I'd expect that you'd need a handful of preference points to get into a selected area. Southeastern Colorado has some pretty good racks out there (mulies and whities) and damned near all of the huntable land is agricultural and private. It took me only a point to draw a ML tag this year, only because the area I applied for was an undersubscribed unit.
You'd have a hell of alot better chance at doing some deer hunting in undersubscibed units. I'm sure there may be some leftover deer tags come August, but these are usually leftover doe tags. Hope this helps some.

Coot

I hunted out in eastern CO last year and it cost me some time, gas $, and 23 bucks for the deer tag. i knocked on some doors and found some great landowners that didnt charge me a penny. Yes I am sure some of the landowner tags can go for serious cash and it depends on the units(s). Yes I saw some very nice deer and killed 1 too.

Jeff

>I hunted out in eastern CO
>last year and it cost
>me some time, gas $,
>and 23 bucks for the
>deer tag. i knocked
>on some doors and found
>some great landowners that didnt
>charge me a penny.
>Yes I am sure some
>of the landowner tags can
>go for serious cash and
>it depends on the units(s).
> Yes I saw some
>very nice deer and killed
>1 too.
>
>Jeff

that sounds good & all but could you amagine a non-res (Cal) knocking on their door......LOL.......they'd come to the door with a shotgun......

Just dont tell them you are from CAl!! hehe. In conversation it usually didnt come out until later where I was from and probably didnt matter because they had already given permisssion. I'll bet they thought i was a city slicker from Fort Collins when I told them where I was from compared to where they live. Good luck!
Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom