Definition of "poacher"

AndymanSavage

Very Active Member
Some threads in the elk forum and posts by "warden" have me thinking about this. When , in your opinions, does a game law violator pass into the realm of "poaching". Say you shoot after legal hours, are you a "poacher" or just a guy who thought it was light enough still to make a good shot? What about the hunter who killed the droptine bull "allegedly" too close to homes, dumb hunter or "poacher"? I don't know where the line is personally and wanted your ideas. It's easy to say "shooting an animal out of your area" or " shooting an animal out of season", but what are your thoughts on the use of the term "poacher"?

Andy

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

When your shooting at two red dots in the hay fields at 2:00am.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

IMO
Droptin bull= NOT a poacher

Shooting a few minutes after legal light = NOT a poacher

Shooting with spotlight = POACHER

WITHOUT a tag = POACHER

Knowingly hunting the wrong unit = POACHER

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

"To deliberately or intentionally take or attempt to take an animal, in direct contradiction to a law or regulation".

Not knowing the laws doesn't make you a poacher, just stupid sometimes. Not wearing a watch when shooting time is based on the clock - stupid. Trying to get one more of anything, when it is almost too dark, greedy and self-centered.

To me, it makes no difference if it is a deer, elk, duck, fish, etc. Wrong is wrong, and if you do it on purpose, I and many others will think less of you for it..

>IMO
>Droptin bull= NOT a poacher
>
>Shooting a few minutes after legal
>light = NOT a poacher
>
>
>Shooting with spotlight = POACHER
>
>WITHOUT a tag = POACHER
>
>Knowingly hunting the wrong unit =
>POACHER
>

Cooking an egg in a skillet with boiling water= POACHER

There's no right or wrong answer. I tend to see a difference between guys that make a bad field decision, but they're licensed, where they are supposed to be, when they are supposed to be there.... and guys that set out from home, no tag, no season with the intent to take game from the get go like they shouldn't. Are they both poaching, legally sure. We seem to have no problem differentiating between doing 60 in a 50 and DUI, so I have no problem looking at different game offenses differently.

I particularly look harshly on guys that take game illegally with the intent to profit from it. I don't care if the profit is writing a book based on the lie that it was a legal kill or if it was selling bear gauls or velvet antlers. He's not satisfied with a full freezer and never runs out of needs for money.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-07 AT 03:52PM (MST)[p]Andy, I was gone when you posted this and just now noticed it. I appreciate all of you guys who have given the issue concideration enough to post their opinions and the reason I'm even on the forum posting some of the things that I do is to trigger you guys having these types of discourse.

I totally agree with all of you who say that a guy who makes a mistake should not be held in the same regard as those who blatently steal wildlife from the rest of us. I remind folks (and judges) that most game charges are misdemeanors or sometimes petty misdemeanors which literally translates to a "mistake in demeanor". My point is we should all work towards keeping ourselves clear of these types of mistakes, oversights, or lapses in judgement.

Do I concider these type of guys "poachers". Nah. The truth is I've made a lot of friends when writing them tickets (and yea- more than my share of warnings)

One more thing to think on. Someone who accidentally walks out of Walmart with something he didn't pay for is not a theif. Someone who "kinda" accidentally walks out of Walmart with something he didn't pay for because it's small and he could easily say he didn't know he had put it in his pocket... He's a thief. Take that same concept over to the game laws and realize that it happens ALL the time and the worst part for me is that I see it being tought from fathers to sons almost every day.

As just ONE example... In NM the age for purchasing your first junior fishing license is 12. This last 4th of July Weekend out on our Local Resevoirs I checked 7 kids that said they were 12 years old, and 29 that were 11. Two of those kids tried to argue with their parents.."No dad, I'm 12". Most of these folks seemed like law-abiding apple-pie red-blooded American people who would never teach their kids to steal from a store, or cheat on a test- but for some reason (some of them)had no problem teaching them to lie to the Game Warden. Are they poachers?

timberlinebanner2.jpg

http://www.naweoa.org/mod.php?mod=userpage&page_id=15&menu=1500

Definition of poacher is someone that is not good enough to do it the right way, they must steal and cheat to do what a honest man does fairly. How can a person think they have accomplished anything worthwhile by poaching? It certainlly could not be rewarding.

Ransom

Well...according to searcher's Webster definition the kids who are 12 and are fishing w/out a license are taking fish illegally so they would be considered poachers.

What's the penalty for fishing w/out a license anyway, warden?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-07 AT 05:48PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-07 AT 05:43?PM (MST)

TripleK it depends on the judge and blah-blah-blah. it varies. the Penalty assessment for adults in NM is $108 but in some (un-named) NM Magistrate courts fishing and littering tickets pass through the bullet proof glass right to the trash barrel if it's written to a county resident (voter).

I've never written a 12 year old kid a ticket for fishing stuff- Why teach them at that age that a citation for FWOL gets tossed in the trash by Juv.ProbationOfficers who barely have time to giggle at it with all the gangbangers and murderers they're dealing with. I think it's more effective and productive to leave them thinking they really dodged a bullet because the Game Warden was a stand up guy. I won't hesitate (under certain circumstances) to write a kids parent as an accessory to the exact same crime the kids getting a warning for.It boils down to culpability and US courts have repeatedly recognized that parents are the more culpable when it comes to guiding their kids to committing delinquent acts (crimes). In extreme (poaching) cases- adults can and do get charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

How about this? Grandpa draws an antelope permit- but has the 12 year old grandson shoot the buck (from the back of a truck- which is also illegal here, from the middle fo a public road-again a no-no) on grandpa's tag with grandpa and dad chearing him on and slapping him on the back.... What are your ideas as to what the game warden who's watching this all go down should do about it? Would you call these guys poachers?

timberlinebanner2.jpg

The kid should not be held accountable rather the father and Gramps should be. Thats an easy one.. IMO
What did or would you do Warden?

>
>Cooking an egg in a skillet
>with boiling water= POACHER

You are KILLING me Tuff!

ROTFLMFAO!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-07 AT 07:58PM (MST)[p]The father and grandfather should both be arrested and lose their hunting priveleges for life and be flogged by a redhead in black patent leather and spiked heels with a cat'o'nine tails (for you Beefy!) and the 12 yrd old should be sent to a prison boot camp and made to hike in the desert where he has to kill lizards for food find water from cactus plants to teach him discipline, or just be sent to Hawaii to pick pineapples for the summer.

Seriously - this is poaching, and sadly, these parents have made their son in to one too. If it's grandpa's tag - then grandpa should shoot it. Unless of course it is grandma and then it is OK, especially if she has shot it three times already and now can't find the wounded animal in plain sight but you can and she gives you her gun and tells you to shoot it before it gets away so of course you do.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-07 AT 07:48?PM (MST)

Here's a scenario for you Warden: Pheasant/Quail opener. Official Proclamation says season begins at "Official Sunrise" (this was back in the 80's). On this particular day "Official Sunrise" is at 8:02 AM. Three hunters and one young 11 yr old (legal age in state at that time is 12) sit in truck waiting for season to start. Shots heard in neighboring fields all around. Time 7:54. It's about a 10 min walk to the tall grass where the good hunting is. The sun begins to peak over the horizon, plenty of light so they decide to start to walk through the alfalfa field (freshly cut) and down the ditch bank. The three hunters fan out the father works the ditch bank with the dog and the 11 yr. old in tow, the friend walks in the middle and the Grandpa walks the edge of the fan. 7:56 AM, a rooster flies, Dad and friend both shoot at the same time, rooster dies, Grandpa doesn't even get his gun off his shoulder. 11 yr. old trimphantly retrieves bird, wringing its neck to finish it off. They finish walking the field, no more birds. Return to truck to find Warden waiting for them with ticket book. Issues citations to all three hunters and looks sternly and scoldingly at 11 yr. old, giving him the creeps. Does not confiscate the bird. Friend takes the bird home and gives it to his neighbor, who happens to be the judge. Judge eats the evidence. Hunters appear before judge and all are issued minor fines (except for 11 yr. old). Which ones are poachers? Or is the Warden just chickenpoop? Is the judge a poacher too vicariously?

UTROY

Roy, what were the citations written for? Shooting early I assume? I would fight it all the way myself, if that was the case.

Eel

Roy.. that just cracks me up. Sounds like a very heartfelt story rather than a parable. Me thinks UTROY had a bad experience with a chickenpoop warden at some point in his life.

Never the less, I think the Warden has a grip on this one.

In my feeble mind, a poacher is someone that knowingly breaks the law with intent to benifit from that act. Now .... stupid is a whole other story.

Post script: I like mine boiled in milk.

RUS

What about the guy with 11 kids to feed who's freezer runs empty in mid-January and has been out of work for a couple weeks, he goes out and shoots a fat cow elk or doe deer so he can get his family through the tough times? Is this guy a poacher?

This thread got me thinking about something I read in the local rag this morning. Here is a poacher and possible ax murderer in the future if he's not dealt with NOW!

ST. GEORGE - A 19-year-old male from Enterprise was arrested by the Washington County Sheriff's Office on Thursday on charges of animal cruelty and criminal mischief.

Lt. Jake Adams, with the Washington County Sheriff's Office, said one of the charges was a poaching charge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Dee Hafen, 2600 E. Bench Rd. in Enterprise, allegedly intentionally shot a deer out of season and killed it in Enterprise, Adams said.

The other charge, Adams said, was for Hafen allegedly taking "a dog out into the mountains and tying it to a tree without food or water and leaving it out there to die."
"We're actually looking at other incidents of cruelty to animals to see if he's connected to them in any way," Adams said.

Hafen was booked Thursday into Purgatory Correctional Facility on $7,437 bail.

RUS

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-07 AT 09:42PM (MST)[p]Roy. I quite often here stories such as yours that have left hunters with a permanant distaste for "the warden" and as you might imagine, it's hard for me to provide answers to one person's perspective of an incident that happened 20 years ago several hundreds of miles away between people I've never met. But I will give it a meager try.

When it boils down to it, it sounds like all parties were quite aware that the season didn't start until 8:02 and the hunters made a concious decision to shoot a bird at 7:56. Petty, miniscule, and minor of a indiscretion as it may be, they did so knowing they'd be subject to a similarly petty and minor legal consequence if they were caught. Real similar to a hypothetical off-duty game warden driving 76 miles an hour in a 65 zone who has a really good reason to get home in a hurry and having to take his speeding ticket with a smile and pay the $136 fine. Are the hunters (or the leadfoot warden) to be classified as "criminals"- of course not.

I've discussed in this post how I personnally try to use prudence and reasonableness that I think is incumbant upon me to do my job of "gaining voluntary compliance" with the game laws. I need to note that law enforcement officers in general are not trained to do that and are actually discouraged from doing so. They are trained very clearly that that role is the judges alone, and the best and safest way to conduct ourselves is with 100% consistancy. That is exactly why there is a cliche' of "by the book" officers. Most officers fall somewhere along a spectrum, and I will say that the more discretion one uses the more issues he gets into with accusations of favortism or crookedness or racism or profileing.

A guy kills a spike elk with his cow tag and comes to the warden saying, "I messed up, I'm turning myself in" It may aggravate everyone to know that the company line is to issue a citation and then go tell the judge the circumstances and hope for the judge be appropriately leniant. It's not supposed to be our job to make that decision. Many of us would rather give a warning or something like that (putting ourselves at risk of accusations of inappropriateness) than discourage hunters from coming to us with their mistakes. Many just take the company line and do what they're supposed to do. Are there a few that are so much more concerned with writting more tickets then the next guy that they miss the big picture entirely- I'd say that's likley too. Are there even fewer that are hollywood crooked evil bastards? Sure probably.

I cannot speak as to what was in the mind of the warden that wrote those guys that ticket, it was obviously different than what was in their minds. All I can say is if it were me as the warden in the story, I may very well have written the citation, let them keep their bird (which I'm really not supposed to do), and explain to the judge that minimal fines would be in order. For better or for worse, that's my job.

I've got another story. A warden's in his special hidy-hole before the opening day of pheasant season. Just as he pours himself a cup of coffe- he hears several shots scattered about well before legal shooting hours. He drives to towards where he hears the shots to find a pickup with a bunch of empty gun cases in it, and then sees 3 guys and a kid out working a field. One of the hunter takes a shot and he sees a bird fall. He looks at his watch and it's only 7:56AM not 8:02. He waits for the guys to come back to their truck and writes then a ticket for shooting early, but they seem like good guys so he lets them keep their bird. The hunters are friends with the judge so he throws the tickets in the trash. (Just kidding- sounds like "minor fines" was what everyone had in mind all along)

timberlinebanner2.jpg

And Chester, I'll tell you the same thing I tell my local poachers who use that as an excuse. If you've got 11 starving kids you let me know and I'll personally make sure you have meat in the freezer through the winter. It won't help those kids if you end up with a bunch of fines or in jail. No one's ever taken me up on it.

FYI- we ate a LOT of venison when I was a kid- and my grandpa ate even more. In this day and age that doesn't fly and the resource cant abide.
timberlinebanner2.jpg

GOOD GOSH Roy!!!

DON'T YOU KNOW OPENING MORNING OF CHICKEN SEASON IS WHEN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS CHANGES???

ADJUST YOUR WATCH Roy!!!

REMINDS ME OF A TIME MY UNCLE TALKED ME INTO GOING DUCK HUNTING AT FARMINGTON BAY ABOUT 20 YEARS AGO!!!

SUPPOSE TO OPEN AT 8:00 A.M.!!!

WELL AT ABOUT 7:30 SOMEBODY OVER ON THE WEST SIDE CAPPED ONE OFF!!!

THEN IT WAS A CONTINUOUS ROAR FOR HOURS!!!

I'M SURE SOMEBODY GOT A TICKET FOR SHOOTING BEFORE IT OPENED!!!

BUT WAS IT FAIR???

10,000 OTHER JACK-ASSES DIDN'T GET TICKETS!!!

IT WAS THE FIRST YEAR YOU COULD ONLY SHOOT GREENHEAD MALLARDS!!!

I SHOOTS THIS GREENHEAD AS IT FLEW OVER ME!!!

AS IT STARTS FALLING!!!

THREE OTHER GUYS START POUNDING IT AS IT FALLS!!!

TWO OF THEM GO A RUNNIN & A SCREAMING!!!

ITS MINE!!!

ITS MINE!!!

I THOUGHT,YA ITS YOURS!!!

I NEVER HUNTED QUACKERS AT FARMINGTON BAY AGAIN!!!

ONE THING I LIKED ABOUT IT!!!

I DIDN'T HAVE TO EAT ANY OF THEM STINKIN SUCKERS!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

BOBCAT

WAS YOUR LAST POST AN ADMISSION OF JUMPING LEGAL SHOOTING HOURS? Or did you cap the greeny after 8am? Please don't incrimidate yourself, you can confess with a PM.
I CAN SMELL A HUNDRED COMING SOON.

Ransom

NO!!!

I DON'T SELF INCRIMINATE IN FRONT OF GAME WARDENS!!!

10,000 HUNTERS SHOT BEFORE 8:00 AM!!!

BUT I DIDN'T!!!

I LEFT MY WATCH AT HOME & I HAD TO GO BY 10,000 OTHER LAW ABIDING QUACKER HUNTERS!!!

BY THE WAY!!!

I'M NOT PM'ING YOU!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Roy,
Are you an attorney? Just curious because that scenario that you created about shooting before legal hours and giving the bird to the judge to eat sounds exactly like a question on a bar exam or a law school exam. I have to admit that is a well crafted question to get people thinking.

LOL ROY! Your case made history and is now a ? on the bar exam! WOHOO! They gave Grandpa a ticket too? I knew Dad and Hans got a ticket, but didn't know they ticketed T.A. as well. Wish I'd have heard Grandpa cussing over that one. LOL Weren't you guys in Grandpa's hayfield?

I still laugh that Hans took that little ol' pheasant to the judge to eat. Too funny.

>Me thinks UTROY had a
>bad experience with a chickenpoop
>warden at some point in
>his life.
>

More than one experience, RUS, more than one. LOL We were always taught to follow the letter of the law though, respect game wardens and never give them a reason to question us. My dad took his medicine on that pheasant, as did our grandpa, apparently. He knew he was in the wrong for shooting before 8:02, so he didn't fight it and paid the fine. Grandpa, on the other hand, well he probably went to his grave bitching about it. LOL

Jenn (Roy's my big brother, warden)

No - not a lawyer, this is a true story. And in truth, we weren't exactly sure what time the "Official Sunrise" was, we just knew we were close - the sun was up for sure! And the warden was parked up on U-Hill looking over the whole valley and could see the whole area, including the hunters who began hunting at 7:30, it was a little harder to get to their property though, so I guess he just made us targets cause he could get to us easily.

Oh yeah old T.A. was madder than hell! He wouldn't sign the ticket and told the warden that he had every right in the world to be on his own property with a gun at any time in the morning, night or day and for all that dumb SOB knew he could have had his shovel on his shoulder and he didn't break any law and he wasn't going to get a ticket for it and if he did he damn sure wasn't going to pay for it! And yes, he bitched about that until the day he died!

They did fight it and Grandpa's fine was waived due to his superior reasoning in the court room and Dad and friend got their tickets reduced.

So even though that particular warden was a JERK he really was just doing his job, the rest was just his personality. All the other wardens disliked him. His sons were cool though, evidently he must have had SOME redeeming quailties.

To be truthful, most of the rest of the Wardens and Conservation Officers I have come to know have been really decent people and actually bend over backwards to help you out, unless they have a good case against you and then they are determined to do their job and do it well, for which I applaud them.

UTROY

On the other hand......I had a warden who was really nice one time.

I was out clamming and when I walked back to my truck a warden was waiting for me. He asked to see my fishing license. I had forgotten that your license had to be in your posession while clamming. I told him it might be in the glove box of my truck, but after looking, it wasn't there. I then told him it must be in my fishing vest in the garage. He then asked me if I remember how much a fishing license costs? I told him I don't know, as it was given to me as a Christmas present from my wife. I could see the expression of doubt on his face.

Well, he wrote me a ticket but said that if I would bring my license into the office the next morning he would tear up the ticket. And I was there first thing the next morning with my license dated for Dec. 23. And he did tear up the ticket!

He had me dead to rights, but he was kind enough to let me off the hook. I'll never forget that!

Eel

Somebody said, in reference to the difference in art and pornography, "I can't describe it, but I know it when I see it." I think that also applies to poaching.

WHICH IS WORSE, OR ARE THEY THE SAME:

1: Letting your son shoot a doe on your tag. (He didn't draw, you did.)

2: Using a rock to turn a branch-antlered bull into a spike. (Spike-only unit).

Roy- your last post was VERY gracious and appreciated and I'm reluctant to add anything to stir the pot- but I am struck with what seems to be an obviously different perspective on the same event-

?T.A. was MADDER THAN HELL! He WOULDN?T SIGN THE TICKET and TOLD THE WARDEN that he had EVERY RIGHT in the world to (Shoot early) on his own property with a gun at any time in the morning, night or day and for all that DUMB SOB knew he could have had his shovel on his shoulder and he didn't break any law and he WASN?T GOING TO get a ticket for it and if he did he DAMN SURE WASN?T GOING TO PAY for it!?

T.A would have hated me. The word ?citation? is actually just an abbreviation of the legal term ?Citation in lue of Arrest.? And a refusal to sign or pay a ticket usually means an automatic trip to the pokey. For as big of a Jerk as this particular warden was, he seems to me to have showed fairly extensive restraint- Ol T.A. still left with his bird??? It at least explains how the guy may have flashed a few ?Sternly and scoldingly? creepy looks.? Officer Jerk had to go home to his wife (if she hadn't divorced him already) and boys after a long day dealing with T.A. (and a couple of other guys who acted just like him for getting the equivalent of a speeding ticket) and have nothing but smiles and pleasant conversation for the dinner table.

Again- I swear I'm not griping, trying to bad-mouth your people, or trying to be a Bad-A$$, just pointing out (for everyone) a different perspective. You do have to wonder what Officer Christmas Clammer would have done if Eel had acted like T.A.

timberlinebanner2.jpg

HEY Roy!!!

DID YOU TELL THE JUDGE THAT WAS PROBABLY THE MOST EXPENSIVE BIRD YOU EVER GAVE AWAY???

MY DEER STEAKS ARE GETTING PRETTY SPENDY ALREADY!!!

ON A SIDE NOTE!!!

I HAD A WARDEN THAT THOUGHT I WAS GUILTY AND IT WAS GONNA BE HIS JOB FOR 15 YEARS TO CATCH ME!!!

HE TRIED EVERYTHANG!!!

ONE TIME I WAS UP ON THE MOUNTAIN,6" FRESH SNOW THAT MORNING,ME & MY FRIEND SPOT A LION TRACK,I PULL MY TRUCK OFF THE ROAD A BIT,WE FOLLOW THE TRACK TO SEE IF THE LION CROSSED ONTO THE TRIBAL GROUND OR NOT,AFTER WE GOT DOWN OFF THE HILL A WAYS I HEAR ANOTHER VEHICLE PULL UP BY MY TRUCK & I CAN HEAR DOORS BANGING & ALL KINDS OF NOISE,THEN THE TRUCK PULLS AWAY,WE GET BACK UP TO MY TRUCK AND SOMEBODYS TURNED MY .22 MAGNUM AROUND IN THE RACK,THEY'D BEEN IN THE GLOVE BOX,THEY'D BEEN IN THE TOOL BOX,EVERYTHING HAD BEEN MESSED WITH BUT I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING MISSING!!!

COULDN'T FIGURE WHO TF HAD BEEN MESSING AROUND!!!

2 MONTHS LATER WE TURN A BOBCAT IN!!!

FOUND OUT REAL QUICK THIS WARDEN DIDN'T LIKE PEOPLE KILLING BOBCATS!!!

HE WALKS RIGHT UP IN MY FACE & ASKS ME WHERE I WAS ON SUCH & SUCH A DAY AT A CERTAIN TIME???

I SAID:HELL I DON'T REMEMBER,I COULD OF BEEN ANYWHERE!!!

HE WENT BALLISTIC,HE SAID YOU WERE UP ON THE FACE OF PETTY & I THOUGHT YOU WERE POACHING!!!

I STARTED LAUGHING BUT HE DIDN'T THINK IT WAS FUNNY!!!

HE THEN SAYS I CHECKED YOUR GUN!!!

I QUICKLY INFORMED HIM IF HE EVER GOT INTO MY TRUCK AGAIN WITHOUT ME BEING THERE I WAS GONNA SUE HIS ASS RIGHT OFF!!!

HE WAS YELLING,SCREAMING & HIS FACE WAS THE SAME COLOR AS JACKMASTERS GIRLFRIENDS HAIR!!!

EVERYTIME HE ASKED ME A QUESTION I'D START TO ANSWER THE QUESTION BUT AS SOON AS I'D TRY TO ANSWER HE WAS RIGHT IN MY FACE SCREAMING!!!

THE NEXT YEAR MY BROTHER HAD AN ANTELOPE TAG!!!

WE TOOK MY TRUCK!!!

THE SAME WARDEN FOLLOWED ME AROUND FOR HALF A DAY WITH HIS BIG SPOTTING SCOPE!!!

WE FINALLY GOT PULLED OVER BY ANOTHER WARDEN & I TOLD HIM TO GET ON HIS RADIO & TELL THE OTHER WARDEN I HAD BEEN CHECKED & EVERYTHING WAS LEGAL!!!

ABOUT A MONTH LATER WE WENT ELK HUNTING!!!

IT WAS OPENING MORNING & WE WERE AT LEAST AN HOUR EARLY!!!

SO I PULLED OFF THE ROAD AND GUESS WHO FLIES BY???

I TOLD MY BROTHER,PREPARE YOURSELF I GUARANTEE HE'S COMMING BACK TO CHECK US!!!

SURE ENOUGH HERE HE COMES!!!

SAYS: I KNOW YOU'VE GOT A PERMIT BUT I WANT TO SEE IT!!!

THEN SAYS: I WANT TO CHECK YOUR GUN,NOT A PROBLEM!!!

I WAS GONNA OPEN THE ACTION & SHOW HIM BUT HE WANTED TO HANDLE MY GUN,I'M WATCHING HIM CLOSE CUZZ I'M AFRAID HE'S GONNA PULL SOMETHING!!!

HE YANKED MY BOLT BACK SO HARD I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA BREAK IT!!!

THEN HE'S GOT THE NERVE TO STICK HIS FINGER UP THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL TO SEE IF THERES ONE STILL IN THE BARREL!!!

I INFORMED HIM REAL QUICK THE OLE cat DON'T PACK JUNK GUNS THAT WON'T EXTRACT BULLETS!!!

WAFJ!!!

THIS $HIT WENT ON FOR 15 YEARS!!!

I GUESS YOU COULD SAY HE WAS JUST DOING HIS JOB???

HE NEVER DID WRITE ME A CITATION BUT BY GOD I'LL GIVE HIM AN A+ FOR TRYING!!!

DO I HATE HIM???

NO WAY IN HELL!!!

DO I HATE ALL WARDENS BECAUSE I HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS ONE FOR 15 YEARS???

NO WAY!!!

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANY OF THEM!!!

JUST DON'T CONVICT ME BEFORE YOU CATCH ME DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Bobcat, you crack me up. I guess if your going to get on the internet 6,444 times and PRETEND to be a $hithead, you stand the risk of someone believing it.(Can't fool me though.)

Can't/Won't defend Officer Stalker. I've got a few guys on my district that get extra special attention, but I assure you the people of NM are well served in my doing so.

timberlinebanner2.jpg

HIGHCOUNTRYFISHCOP!!!

TRUE STORY I POSTED MY FRIEND!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

shooting a animal out of season, poaching

shooting over your limit poaching

shooting early NOT poaching

shooting late NOT poaching

shooting without a tag POACHING!!!

Warden - thanks for your perspective. It is good to see the other side of the story. However, this warden was a real piece of work - he really alienated himself with all his other officers for the way he handled things. He made their jobs a lot harder. If Bobcat's warden isn't this same guy, then I know who it was - he is the only other one in those parts who pulls that kind of crap consistently!

You also had to know my Grandpa to appreciate the story too - he was mad but reasonably objectionable. He didn't even have his rifle loaded, it was a breech action and he was carrying it on his shoulder with the breech open, he did not attempt to shoot and the warden knew it. Also, the officer plainly explained that he did not have to sign the ticket, but that he would be expected to show up in court anyway. I guess the policy was a little different then. He never got confrontational really, just stood his ground. It would have been totally different too if the officer had used a little tact and professionalism when handing out the tickets, instead he was downright rude and like Woodrow Call, T.A. didn't tolerate rude behavior! And in the end, he did go to court and the ticket was thrown out.

UTROY

In a sentence, a poacher is one who unlawfully takes wildlife...

You fill in the blanks on how they do it...

Don Martin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom