Delta Colorado

elkliver

couple of questions(ok three)

1. Escalante Rd. heading into Unit 62 out of Delta, is it in good condition where a guy can get a pickup with a camper up it to divide road? Wanted to make sure before we got half way up pulling a trailer and ran into a bad spot. I am assuming it is ok as it looks like a fairly main forest road from the maps. I meant to ask the forest service guy when i had him on the phone, but forgot.

2. Is there a place in Delta too catch a shower mid week or when the smell gets too thick? Truck stop or rv park?

3. Is there place with a walkin cooler where you can hang an animal if you need to? Depending on the weather, if I get a cow opening day of Muzzleloader season and my buddy gets one 5 days later, a walkin cooler may be a necessity.

I can call chamber of commerce and forest service if i need to but thought someone on here may be able to answer easily

>couple of questions(ok three)
>
>1. Escalante Rd. heading into Unit
>62 out of Delta, is
>it in good condition where
>a guy can get a
>pickup with a camper up
>it to divide road? Wanted
>to make sure before we
>got half way up pulling
>a trailer and ran into
>a bad spot. I am
>assuming it is ok as
>it looks like a fairly
>main forest road from the
>maps. I meant to ask
>the forest service guy when
>i had him on the
>phone, but forgot.
>
>2. Is there a place in
>Delta too catch a shower
>mid week or when the
>smell gets too thick? Truck
>stop or rv park?
>
>3. Is there place with a
>walkin cooler where you can
>hang an animal if you
>need to? Depending on the
>weather, if I get a
>cow opening day of Muzzleloader
>season and my buddy gets
>one 5 days later, a
>walkin cooler may be a
>necessity.
>
>I can call chamber of commerce
>and forest service if i
>need to but thought someone
>on here may be able
>to answer easily

Answer to question #1: There is no access to divide road up Escalante Canyon, it is completely blocked by private land

Answer to question #2: There is a public recreation center in Delta that you can pay to go in for a swim or just a shower if you want

Answer to question #3: We always take our stuff up to Eckert(about 15minutes north/east of delta on highway 65) to "BIG E MARKET" to have processing done or just to hang in cool storage. I don't know if he is the only game around now days but Gary Espinoza runs a nice, clean, honest operation at Big E

Also sent you a PM

As for question number one there is access up over Love Mesa and Palmer Gulch. And depending on the size of your camper there are parts going up Palmer that are extremely steep and Love Mesa that can get quite nasty. I would almost go with 25 Mesa Rd depending again on the size of your camper.

As far as everything else he is right on!

Thanks guys, As always, you folks are very helpful. If i can ever return the facor in oregon, let me know. all though the thought of coming from colorado to hunt in oregon is a little strange :)

elkkill06 is exactly right....technically there is access but it would be way faster to go up 25mesa than either of the other two options in escalante.....if I remember right love mesa has a bunch of creek crossings that have to be made as well as the hairpins coming down off the end of Love, right?

I was just up Escalante about 2 weeks ago. You can get all the way to the Divide Road but I wouldnt recommend pulling a camper up that way. Much faster to go either the 25 Mesa Road or up Sawmill Mesa Road.

if your coming from grand junction just go down unaweep canyon with leads to the very north end of divide rd which will get you to the top.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom