Deming/Las Cruces cold storage

BluffGruff

Due to a wealth of tags this year, I may have an AZ bull elk on ice when I show up for my muzzy ibex hunt in December. Anyone know of a meat locker or cold storage in either Deming or Las Cruces that would keep a cooler of meat and maybe freeze a cape for a reasonable fee for a week or so? I would plan on processing it at home later on.
Thanks for any info!

My parents live in Deming and mom has a chest freezer. If that's not enough, I can check with my aunt. She owns a restaurant that has a walki-in cooler and a walk-in freezer. Let me know if you need a free guide. I grew up in Deming and know those Florida mountains like the back of my hand.

Thanks for the offer. I wouldn't want anything except maybe a cape frozen, so perhaps the restaurant cooler would work better?
If you wouldn't mind, PM me your number, and I can get in touch with you closer to time.

Robert Major is there in LAS Cruces, I'm sure he can flesh and salt your cape and clean up the skull plate .
Major wildlife studio.
Once u step foot in his studio you may just leave it there to get mounted along with your Ibex. He is one of the best.

Robert Major is good, but here in Cruces, Ray from ?Gone Hunting? is probably the best. Of course that's in my humble opinion only of course, but yeah. Google him and you can see his work.

Hell, if it's just the cape, let me know. We'll throw it in my mom?s chest freezer and you can borrow my XL Yeti to keep the meat super cold. Either way, hit me up. I'd love to help. Where are you coming from? What are your dates?

Exactly, where are you coming from? Finding cold storage should be easy enough, but to travel back to Cruces to pick up a mount, or have it shipped even...

I'd use your own taxidermist when you het home.

Not quite. My eyes work fine. If I need to get my eyes checked, you really need to take a class on people skills. Anyways, to the original poster...let me know if you need help. Deming/Las Cruces is my stomping grounds and I have a lot of connections, know the area well and would love to lend a helping hand.

My apologies, I forgot nowadays folks get their feeling hurt for any little remark. I was just concerned after viewing his webpage that your eyes may be deceiving you.
Anyhow to the original poster good luck on your hunt and bring repeling gear. Ha ha

His prices are up there along with his quality of work. Look at the detail of the craftmanship in his mounts and you Will see why the price is what it is. Hell of a guy to boot.

From what I have seen his prices are comparable to others around. Life-size ibex anywhere seems likes it will cost you big, but would be awesome to have.

>From what I have seen his
>prices are comparable to others
>around. Life-size ibex anywhere seems
>likes it will cost you
>big, but would be awesome
>to have.

The guy I was planning on using will do pedestal ibex for $800 and life size with habitat and pretty extensive display, museum quality, for $4k. Is that similar?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom