Depredation Tags

Buck300

Does it hurt your chances to put in for a depredation tag along with your regular choices for a bull? If you draw a depredation tag does that go against your 7 year wait if you haven't drawn a bull tag yet?

Putting in for depredation bull does not affect your chances at drawing a regular bull tag except for the fact that you are only allowed one bull tag in Nevada at a time, if I remember correctly. Drawing a depredation tag does not go against the seven year wait period, nor does it use your bonus points. The depredation tags are a true lottery type tag meaning that you do not gain bonus points if you are unsuccessful. Every hunter can put in for the depredation tags every year with an equal chance of drawing the tag. Theoretically you could draw the depredation tag every year as long as you didn’t draw a regular bull tag.

Putting in for depredation bull does not affect your chances at drawing a regular bull tag except for the fact that you are only allowed one bull tag in Nevada at a time, if I remember correctly.
True. But a non-issue because antlered bull tags are earlier in the draw order than depredation bull.

This used to be a much bigger issue but NDOW finally established a sensible draw order a few years ago.

True. But a non-issue because antlered bull tags are earlier in the draw order than depredation bull.

This used to be a much bigger issue but NDOW finally established a sensible draw order a few years ago.
The way I read it is depredation bull is in the same pool as regular antlered bull.

The way I read it is depredation bull is in the same pool as regular antlered bull.
This is correct. Same pool as regular bull. I suspect they did it this way to give folks in a bull waiting period a chance at a depredation bull before any cow tag they apply for
84C53450-32A4-410C-825D-1C5BCEED33A7.png

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom