desert big horn. questions

dominguez

What score does it take to make record book?

How many years to draw a tag? Unit 62 or 40?

I am computer retarded. Thanks, Dominguez

Unit 40 is sheep unit S56, and unit 62 is sheep unit S62. All desert sheep tags are a pure random draw in CO, no preference points. The odds are pretty low, but everyone has the same chance. The Boone and Crockett minimum scores are 165 for Awards book and 168 for All Time.

In the sheep and goat brochure, page 6, right column, #7: "Preference points don't apply to desert bighorn sheep."

http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCollectionDocuments/DOW/RulesRegs/Brochure/SheepandGoat.pdf

Odds were nearly the same in both units for residents in 2013: 473 applicants for 4 tags in S56, and 464 applicants for 4 tags in S62.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCol...BighornSheep/2013DesertBighornDrawSummary.pdf

There are 4 Colorado desert rams currently listed in B&C. Three are from S56 and 1 is from S63/S64 (near Slickrock). I know of a ram killed this year in S56 that will likely be the new state record if the score I heard holds up.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom