Desert Bighorn, Pine Valley

TRDHUNTER

My old man had his credit card hit for desert bighorn, Pine Valley unit. Anyone have any experience on the unit or know where to start looking for sheep? Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks

Who's your old man? My friend drew, and he could be considered an old man. Just wondering if they are the same person. I know the unit very well, and will be hunting it with him.

Shummy, pm sent. Bowhunt, we are starting at zero and going from there so all info is welcome.

Thanks to everyone willing to share info on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Get good maps of the area.
Check out where the 3-4 Guzzlers are. There are sheep near all of them.
Feel free to shoot me an email when you make a trip down, and I can tell you of some places to go see sheep.
This is a very good hunt! About the best in the State.

3-4 guzzlers? There are around 30 guzzlers on that unit. There are 3-4 right off the road, but everyone will be on them.

Shummy...Check out the 3-4 GOOD Guzzlers.
Everyone will be on them???
There are 2 tags.

You are going to do well.

LAST EDITED ON May-30-13 AT 10:01AM (MST)[p]Those 3-4 guzzlers are within a few miles of each other, and the tag holders, and guides will bounce back and forth between them. Seen it happen many times. I agree, he will have a good time, but if he focuses his efforts on those guzzlers he is going to have company. Don't forget it will also be chukar season, and the biologist almost always has a camera on those 3-4 guzzlers. FYI, last year alone, they installed 10 new guzzlers just in the area you are talking about.

Well,my dads card had pending charge but he received his e-mail last night which said unsuccessful and pending charge was gone. Maybe next year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom