Desert Mule Deer Get Water

S

spcheuvront

Yes, desert mule deer get water projects.
This past weekend about 15 people came to the Florence, Az.
area to build a water catchment. AZG&FD folks including the unit mgr. Ben Brochu, interested sportsman from around the state,
and yes your very own madglasser, and ken. These people worked
there rear ends off for three days to help wildlife. Wheather they ever hunt in this area or not they came because the wild life needed the help. Now this is the spirit that gets the job done. I noticed that the madglasser and ken worked as hard or harder than anyone else. I'm sending the madglasser some photos of the event since I'm not smart enough to post them.
I'm just waiting for some REAL man to find fault with what we are trying to do here. I'm sure there is someone who lives in their grandmothers basement, and sits in his MAN CAVE just waiting to point out what we are doing is wrong. Come work for wildlife and then #####.
Sorry, I'm just sick and tired of these little boy's who have to put down anything other people do.
Come join us next time , if you can. Remember, family always comes first.
Steve Cheuvront

We had a great time. Quest came out and worked his butt off on Friday, but had to leave that evening. I will post some pics this evening. I am looking forward to the next porject and seeing a few more of you guy's out there if you can make it.
Travis

From a Utahn that hunts the south central mule deer in the 40 units of Az. and the giant desert sheep that call it home. Thanks guys! I appreciate what you do!!!

--------------------------------------

"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

It was a lot of fun being out there with you guys. The time was well spent. I'm looking forward for our next project. I will say I was sore the next day when I awoke. The information that was past around was a bonus to the project. Ben the Wildlife Manager is a very likable guy and I think unit 37B is well taken care of by this manager. Maddglasser you guys work harder than I did. Maddglasser just let me know when we need to get together again.

quest

Thanks for starting this Steve. As Steve said, during the weekends of March 14th and April 4th, interested volunteers and the Arizona Game and Fish Department constructed the first two of seven water catchments in the 96 Hills in U37B, in southern Arizona. This would not have been possible without the help of those who volunteered. The following people deserve recognition and a kudos for their efforts: Jason Saline, Tom Joiner, Scott Henderson, Thomas Gulino, Bret Snelgrove, Olympia Snelgrove, Tate Snelgrove, Tracy Boorn Jr., Angela Guzman, Mike Wiemann, Wesley Stark, Zachary Haws, Jeremy Selting, RJ Vega, Amanda Moors, Dave Brochu, Larry Audsley, Travis Scott, Ken Miller, Steve Cheuvront, Matthew Christ, Kevan Williams, Stephen David, and Matt Padilla. As I said above, without you guys this would not have been possible. I greatly appreciate your help. The Arizona Deer Association, CouesWhitetail.com, and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation were all represented by volunteers. Steve also cooked up some great meals - Thanks Steve for keeping our energy levels up and for providing us with some campfire humor. In the near future, I will be putting together a small story with photos of the effort and the entire project to be posted on this site and CWT.com. If anyone is interested in helping out with future projects, please email me at [email protected] or call at (520) 229-3222. Thanks again to all of you that helped make a difference.

Ben Brochu
Wildlife Manager U37B
Arizona Game and Fish Department
(520) 229-3222
[email protected]

Travis:

Good job and thanks to you and the others who worked on that project!

Hey, next Monday going to Alamo for a few days, will be staying in the Cholla camp ground if there are any spots open.

If you guys can make it, come on down, we really need to talk about this year's stuff.

Again good job to all that participated in the project..

"sine aqua mortis"

Don Martin

I will be there on Monday and will be there until Thursday....

Hope you come, I'll be in the fifth wheel, hopefully we'll be in the Cholla campground.

Come on by..bring a fishing pole..

Don

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom