desert sheep

Tristate

Long Time Member
I very rarely post any of my work on here but I thought yall might like this one.

Cheers,

zufoyx.jpg

We made the habitat on the base but the walnut burl portion was done by a carpenter which I use often. My carpentry skills are very rudimentary so I trust that to a few select professionals.

Thanks for the kind words.

Great work. I'm not just saying that to be friendly. It really looks great. I doubt I ever get to hunt sheep, but if I ever do, I hope my mount looks that good.

Dillon

Truly awesome. That sheep deserves to be showcased in that manner. Very well done!

Beautiful job, but why don't you know where the Ram called home seeing as how you're the taxidermist that has to know all the laws of the world and maintain all the proper records to know the animals you take in are legal?!!!

>Beautiful job, but why don't you
>know where the Ram called
>home seeing as how you're
>the taxidermist that has to
>know all the laws of
>the world and maintain all
>the proper records to know
>the animals you take in
>are legal?!!!

Top Beautiful post but why are you such a hater taxidermist just have to make sure they are plugged don't have to tell you where their from!you have some real issues you need to work out!

>>Beautiful job, but why don't you
>>know where the Ram called
>>home seeing as how you're
>>the taxidermist that has to
>>know all the laws of
>>the world and maintain all
>>the proper records to know
>>the animals you take in
>>are legal?!!!
>
>
>Top Beautiful post but why are
>you such a hater taxidermist
> just have to make
>sure they are plugged don't
>have to tell you where
>their from!you have some real
>issues you need to work
>out!

It deals with all of the posts in regards to poachers that tri has posted about...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Deerslayer,

I apologize for the poor quality of the photograph. The back right leg is placed firmly on the rock while the back left is slightly elevated off of it.

Topgun and mntman,

I did not personally see this sheep killed therefore with all the documentation provided the best answer I could give is "I believe". I know I am a little different than most but I don't consider anything a fact that I will testify to, unless I see it with my own eyes. I have no reason to believe the worst in people.

Wasn't trying to stir the pot or pick any scabs. I was just curious if that was a Texas ram. Seems like a lot of the rams you see these days from Mexico have a unique shape. The sheep in Texas (at least some of them) originally came from Nevada and I was just wondering if that was a descendant of those bloodlines. In any case, at the risk of appearing that I'm being nice to Tri, that's a beautiful mount of a beautiful ram.

I didn't think you were trying to start anything NVB. You are correct that a large percentage of our Texas bloodlines came from Nevada, and they are very good bloodlines. We kill some very large sheep here. I have a book Texas ram in my shop right now. Thanks for the kind words.

Fantastic trophy and the same applies to the taxidermy work.
Thanks for sharing tri!
Zeke

>Topgun and mntman,
>
>I did not personally see this
>sheep killed therefore with all
>the documentation provided the best
>answer I could give is
>"I believe". I know
>I am a little different
>than most but I don't
>consider anything a fact that
>I will testify to, unless
>I see it with my
>own eyes. I have
>no reason to believe the
>worst in people.

Sorry if I misunderstood your "I believe", but if the ram is legal and brought into the US for you to mount it, doesn't the paperwork you get have to show where it was taken and doesn't it have a plug that would verify that. Is that what you meant by "I Believe"? These are just questions I'm asking since you always have stated that you have all your ducks in a row regarding Cites, etc. whenever you makes post regarding poaching.

Beatiful mount, great ram. I don't give a rat's ass where it came from personally. Perhaps Zim can moderate the "discussion".

Tristate,
Being from Texas myself, I absolutely hate some of your argumentative post with other members on this forum. But your work as a taxidermy is outstanding. Congrats on an outstanding mount.

Looks like Leech has been getting some work done. There must not be anything to argue about on the internet with ignorant western folk lately.

No estas en mexico ahora, entonces escoja tu basura chancho sucio.

Beautiful job on the mount and congrats to the hunter

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Living here in Arizona, I've seen a lot of desert sheep mounts. This one stands right there with the best of them --- congrats!

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

I would think that if this Beautiful, Artistic, well thought out Mount were entered into a Major Taxidermy Competition, it would be a finalist. Maybe 1st Place.

To me, it takes a special highly talented and experienced eye to start with little and Please a Customer.

I'm not from Texas but I never met a Texan I didn't like. Great State and great professional Taxidermy work that was obviously taken seriously.

Hey Tri, what does a mount like that cost including the stand?

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

I scoff. Looks like somebody read an article in the back of Boys Life. Doesn't even look alive. Cape looks all greasy, keep the oil and change the truck.

Disenchanted

Like the looks of that mount. I found out yesterday I drew a December San Andres NWR desert sheep tag. Lots of planning to do....including taxidermy!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom