Dessert Bighorn HELP

cast_n_blast

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-14 AT 02:58PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-14 AT 02:58?PM (MST)

I got a call from the DWR yesterday, I am the next one on the list for the 6602 Kaiparowits, Escalante Desert Bighorn tag.

I have 13 points, but I've been doing some research before I accept the tag and I've been told that that unit has been hit hard with cougar kill and there just isn't that many animals. Is this true?

PLEASE, PLEASE if you know this unit send me an Email or call me and give me your thoughts. I have a until Monday to decide.

[email protected]

Matt

Take a BIG Canteen!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I hunted it last year, give me a call. It is every bit as tough as you have probably heard. We spent 9 days on there and only saw a handful of sheep. I'll send you a PM with my number.

Colton

I told you on the other post to take the tag man. You won't have another chance at sheep for 10+ years. I would much rather hunt a crap unit and have a shot then hunt them ten years from now when you could be in a different spot in life.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Yep. Take an entire month off, hire a guide, and round up as many crazy friends as you can find. I'd go for it!

Cast n Bait. What did you decide, or are you like me pacing the floors waiting to the last second?

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

I'll be hunting Desert Bighorn this year, the tag is mine!

Thanks for everyone that called me with information and posted. It is amazing how friendly and HELPFUL people have been when I talk with them about this tag.

The only thing that I'm feeling sad about is that my son, who is my lifetime hunting partner and has been with me on my Bison and Elk hunts, will not be hunting with me this year because he is on his mission in Japan. I told him before he left that I would draw because he would be gone and wouldn't be able to hunt with me. :)

Please share photos, we don't care if you kill we just want to share the experience with you. Also we do hope you kill but I guess I should have worded that as we want to see photos if you kill or don't kill.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-14 AT 09:55PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-14 AT 09:54?PM (MST)

Matt, congrats again on taking the tag. Figured I'd share this photo on here... Here is the ram I was able to take off there last year. He's no Zion ram, but I really don't think you can beat the experience that the Escalante offers. I went in with the goal of taking an old mature ram and we did just that.

9396dscf2449.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom