DH APP. QUESTION???

S

ShowThemToMe

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-12 AT 05:37PM (MST)[p]How many of you are or are not Applying?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

This is my last year, prolly won't apply again

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-12 AT 09:47PM (MST)[p]I was going to but after hiring elkasasin's vast wealth of knowledge of "How to kill elks", he instructed me that a true elks assasin focuses on elks and elks ALONE in order to have the focus and stealth a elksassin needs. Bastard is going to make me waste my Gen deers tag so I can focus only on the mighty general season tag that will be in my pocket. $5,000 well spent :D

Stay away from him bobcat before you get sucked in too

Well Rob!

I see He's the Best!

With a name like that He's gotta be the Best!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Help me understand is it a possibility to draw your DH tag and not draw a deer tag? Or are you guaranteed one of your five choices? If you do say draw your 5th choice are you stuck in that unit for three years? I may be reading this wrong, but I would hate to draw a unit that i don't necessarily want and be stuck in it for three years. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Bo,
My understanding is if you draw, you can choose your hunt area and are guaranteed a permit in that unit for the 3 years. I am in my second year and I was able to choose our unit, and I will have a tag there

Last year in the program and I will try and get in again next year. Been in the DH program every year but one since 1999.

Bocephus,

When applying for the Dedicated Hunter Program you have the option of applying for UP TO five units. You would have to draw one of the units you put on your application in order to be successful and enrolled in the program. DO NOT put a unit on your DH application that you are not willing to hunt for all three years of your enrollment period.

That said, you can ALSO apply for a general season tag in the Big Game application so if you don't get the unit you want for Dedicated Hunter, you still have a chance for a general season tag.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Rhianna Christopher
Dedicated Hunter Program Coordinator
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

littlebighorn,

Let me clarify. The reason you were able to select your unit and be guaranteed is because you are CURRENTLY in the program. New applicants must DRAW one of the units they put on their application in order to join the program.

Keep in mind that only 15% of permits PER UNIT (after lifetime license holders make their selection) will be allocated to the Dedicated Hunter Program. The other thing to keep in mind is that the 15% includes all current program participants so the number will change every year.

Rhianna Christopher
Dedicated Hunter Program Coordinator
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

So if I understand right you can put in for a LE tag, a Dedicated tag, and still put in for a regular archery, muzz or rifle tag? It would just cost another $10 for another app fee for your dedicated application right? Let me know if I'm on the right track, thanks for the clarification.

bocephus yes you are correct. you can put i for gen deer, dh deer, elk/le deer/antelope/ and an OIL
so your app fees would be 40

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom