DH hours price double

elkhuntn247

FYI for the guys who purchase Dedicated hours.

A347B798-F303-42E4-B9D9-3A939794B3E7.jpeg

Does anyone know if they gave a reason for doing this and if so what was it? Can the WB reverse this? If they can I hope they do. Finding projects to do is basically impossible.

I don't get what all the complaining is about.
There are 38 projects on the website currently and there are opportunities to donate, clean up or help with fishing within a 5 hour drive* of anywhere in the state.

*Drive time not included.

What irks me when it comes to the donated items is that for a good majority of the donations you have to provide a receipt for the items purchased and only get credit at the rate of 1 hour per $20 spent (soon to be $40). It seems like the donations should come at a bit of a discount, say $15 per hour. Why would anyone in their right mind spend the extra time to go out and purchase materials, and then deliver said materials only to get credit at $20 per hour? You'd save time, gas money, and the hassle of paperwork if you just hopped online and purchase the hours at the same rate of $20 per hour.

Makes no sense to me.

I don't get what all the complaining is about.
There are 38 projects on the website currently and there are opportunities to donate, clean up or help with fishing within a 5 hour drive* of anywhere in the state.

*Drive time not included.
You just described everyone’s issue with the program. 5 hour drive. How generous of them? Some regions make it dang near impossible to find something to do. Of course that is why I have paid for mine for many years. I doubt it is any better though.

I hope some of you guys realize that those who bought hours were the bullseye the WB was shooting at when they debated price increases across the board and DH in particular.

$40.00 per hour X 2040 hours equals $81,600 a year after taxes. So their philosophy is we can demand more from these slackers.

I believe you can do your hours this year before the rate changes if already enrolled. Those who may enroll this year are not quite so lucky.

I'm up for renewal this year. Who knows if any tags will be available?

You think maybe they don't really want to deal with you and these extemely impactful "projects" that have done an incredible amount of good for our herds? I mean delivering pamphlets to stores is an incredible way to improve our deer herds!........Or maybe they don't want to deal with you and just want your money? :unsure:mmmmmm

You Caught On With That Last Sentence Wiff!

You think maybe they don't really want to deal with you and these extemely impactful "projects" that have done an incredible amount of good for our herds? I mean delivering pamphlets to stores is an incredible way to improve our deer herds!........Or maybe they don't want to deal with you and just want your money? :unsure:mmmmmm

I don't want to buy them, but I've reached out to the contact person on four different projects in the past month and only one responded. ?
That's the whole idea behind the cost increase.
They don't want your money, they want your physical time.

Don't know where you are located but Utah County MDF is always looking for DH volunteers.

PM me, maybe I can help you.

Or lick stamps

Currently there is 38 projects right now. Every year this comes up and every time someone complains about there isn't anything.

I propose that we do away with the option to buy out your hours. So if there is no projects on the board at all and I mean none the DWR has to waive your hours needed for that year.

But every time this comes up I always get on I find something some where's.
It's called Dedicated for a reason. It doesn't matter if the projects are during a work week and it doesn't matter it's 3 to 5 hours away that's what you signed up for.
I ran a skid steer out to the book cliffs 3 hours away for a guzzler project.
There was 2 people in that group from ST George. (Slam you might remember that) They drove over 7 hours to help with that project.

Been in the program 4 different times and never paid for my hours. I'm not the smartest guy and never really looked into the cost.

However, at the old $20 an hour that is only $720 for the full 3 years / 36 hours. That's only $240 a year and get tags for three years. I pay more then that for an out of state tag when I can draw. $240 a year was a deal!!!

When I saw they were doubling the price of buying hours, my only concern was why are they not quadrupling it?

Everyone that got into DH knew what they were signing up for. And they still do. If you don’t like the terms, get out of the program. Pretty simple.

When I saw they were doubling the price of buying hours, my only concern was why are they not quadrupling it?

Everyone that got into DH knew what they were signing up for. And they still do. If you don’t like the terms, get out of the program. Pretty simple.
Absolutely correct. Makes perfect sense.

Just Like Everything-else in this World!

Double The Price!

And Make The Packages Smaller!

So It's More Like a Triple or Quadruple in Price!

I did this course too, so do all 32 hours cost the $40 an hour now? That’s how it reads, but it was proposed as $25 for the first 16 hours and $40 an hour for the second 16.

LOL yes $40.00 across the board.

KISS
So the legislature must have changed this? Because when the wildlife board passed it, it was $25 an hour for the first half. $1,280 damn.

• Dedicated hunters will be able to pay $25 per hour for their first 16 hours, then $40 per hour for the remaining 16 hours.

Remember the bill you were certain the Governor was going to veto, 1-eye?

Same bill. Maybe you should have read it when you were having such strong opinions about it!

Also, any change in fees by a state agency has to be approved by the legislature. That’s how state budgets and coffers work.

Is the price increase for everyone? Or just for guys that are wanting to enroll starting now? I would think that guys currently enrolled would be contracted in at the $20 rate.

As I look at the projects listed right now, and I know more will come, but in the central region, 75% of the projects are for fishing. And dont get me wrong, all are a good cause. But Id like to see more projects geared towards mule deer.
Look at the WSI platform, it lists future projects in the books.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom