Dirty tactics once again from the AZGFD! Now you'll know why to never trust them

bonecollector777

I have posted this in some other forums but just wanted everyone to know about what's going on here in AZ. Here I have attached a court hearing in regard to the matter of a game and fish officer Shawn Wagner shooting an elk while hunting with various other officers and a judge. Shawn shot an elk while hunting in 3B and made a bad shot on a bull. The bull was tracked but not recovered. Shawn left to Phoenix the next morning and signed his transport tag over to another officer without the knowledge that the elk was dead. Long story short the other officers proceeded to look for the elk and found it STANDING UP, WOUNDED BUT VERY MUCH ALIVE and proceeded to shoot the animal FOR Shawn and PUT SHAWNS TAG ON IT. Somehow all 4 officers thought this to be ok to do and acted as if Shawn had been there the whole time and killed his own elk.
Let's pause for a second. Can any of you imagine what the AZGFD would do to any of us if we did something like this? Not only would we be fined but would also have our license taken away. But seeing as though their own employee did it they felt it was ok to let it slide.
The elk was killed by another officer and somehow (to save Shawn and themselves from being punished) concluded the "fatal" wound was from Shawns arrow a day earlier. This elk was alive enough to be standing up and after various poor placed shots into the animals legs and throat it finally was killed.The animal was transported and taken to a meat processor after.
Besides the fact this this absurd act was called legal it gets even better. As you will read in the court papers other officers then began looking into the incident to see if it was legal or not. The badly trained officers and chairmen conducted their investigation incorrectly and did things out of order which eventually led to Shawn and all people involved to be let off scot-free. Not only scot-free but Shawn then SUED THE AZGDF FOR $100,000 and WON!!!!!!! WTF?
Please read the court papers I attached as they explain things in much better detail and you will see the corrupt things that take place inside the game and fish. Some statements from the chairmen during the investigation were things like "If we didn't have to play by the rules this would have been done a long time ago." and "we didn't want to start another investigation into the officers that didn't follow policy because they would be too much of a hassle." HAHA are you kidding me?
In the end not one person was punished,demoted, or fired after these events. It only shows that as long as you are one of them you are ABOVE the law and apparently can do what you want and get away with it as long as benefits you. The illegal acts of all involved are shameful and things like this can't be tolerated. People lose their licenses over throwing some trash on the ground and GandF officers end up $100,000 richer for illegally taking elk. Seems wrong in every possible way. Are these the kind of people you want managing our wildlife?http://www.scribd.com/doc/140107643/m-5569612

Just a bunch of sorry hunters/poachers. Your not above the laws fellers you poached it. If the guy can't dedicate his time to the hunt,stay home !!

Yea you hit an elk then you can predict the future on when, where, how the elk will die.
POACHED !!

No other way to describe it.

Do you think your average hunter would get away with telling a wildlife LEO that story?

POACHED !!

STUPID !!

The next time I hit one bad and have to work the next day can I give my tag to my brother and tell him to tag it or kill it then tag it with my tag when you find him ?

Hell they wouldn't let you tag a animal after the last night of your hunt even if you find him the next morning, it after the season has ended.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Two things come to mind when I hear of things like this.

1. People who live in glass houses should not cast stones. Unless you are perfect and have never broken the law, be careful what you wish for.

2. I'm no lawyer but I believe all cases are based past cases and precedence. If precedence has been set then you have a defense. By G&F defending these people they may have created an avenue for others to do the same.

No matter what, this does not pass the smell test and is not good for Arizona or our wildlife.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom