Disingenuous

DW

Long Time Member
C'mon, if yer gonna beat em up on their stance on public lands you gotta tip yer cap when they do something for public lands. It's been 2 weeks and not a peep? It makes it hard to take you seriously.

#livelikezac

>C'mon, if yer gonna beat em
>up on their stance on
>public lands you gotta tip
>yer cap when they do
>something for public lands. It's
>been 2 weeks and not
>a peep? It makes it
>hard to take you seriously.
>
>
>
>
>
>#livelikezac

The Silence almost sounds Good!

But You know there are many up to No Good!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

>What are you babbling about?

Paying attention is just an expression. It's free.

#livelikezac

>Why don't you relax, watch an
>episode and have another pint!
>

Lol!

#livelikezac

16 days since what? Get what right? Nothing has been done. Its just talk. How many people get their news from the daily caller?

LAST EDITED ON May-26-19 AT 07:52AM (MST)[p]

>16 days since what? Get what
>right? Nothing has been done.
>Its just talk. How many
>people get their news from
>the daily caller?

Hasn't the transfer of all public land back to the states, then the impending sale to the public just been talk to this point? Seems every peep of that is turned into the coming end of the world on these pages isn't it? Why has this talk to spare the rangeland of feral horses not even been mentioned? Maybe the fact that your news sources make no mention of this should tell you something? Disingenuous.

#livelikezac

Oh, I thought you were talking about this.

The Senate just passed the decade?s biggest public lands package. Here?s what's in it.

The Senate on Tuesday passed the most sweeping conservation legislation in a decade, protecting millions of acres of land and hundreds of miles of wild rivers across the country and establishing four new national monuments honoring heroes including Civil War soldiers and a civil rights icon.

"More important, it makes all federal lands open to hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting, unless otherwise specified."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...ackage-heres-whats-it/?utm_term=.c2ef73bfb960

There's only one thing I Know for Sure!

There is No Balance in Today's World!

There is No Middle Ground in Today's World!

Always a 1,000 Different kinds of Special Interest Groups wanting everything their Own Way!

There's No Way You Can Satisfy even 1/2 of them!

So Why Should We even Try?

LAST EDITED ON May-26-19 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]DW,

Your source is total crap.

If one is to take the "daily caller" seriously, they may want to hire some better writers.

I didn't get any further than the "US Forestry Service", followed by the next line that the BLM and "US Forestry Service" are both under the Department of Interior.

Whoever penned that piece of chit article should be fired. Its the United States Forest Service and they are not under the DOI, but rather the USDA.

I agree that feral horses and burro's need to be controlled and there's no question they do damage rangelands and water sources.

But, if you're going to have credibility, you have to pen a credible article.

The author of that garbage shouldn't be writing comic books.

But, if you're going to have credibility, you have to pen a credible article.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So the People that are Not Blind and Not Cooped up in an Office like they are Back East with basically Blind Folds on are the only ones that can See the Light?

And Why?

Because they see it first Hand!

Viewed in the Real World!

I Thought so!

I've Known So!

But I didn't know it had to be 'Penned'!

I have a solution to the wild horse problem. Get all the wolves that people want to let loose and turn the loose on the horses during foaling season. Then round up and house the wolves for 9 months until the next foaling season. We can get the horses down to no increases!

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

DW, you are right. This would be a great thing for western lands. Thank you Lee and Romney. My question would be why do we need new legislation? The wild horse and burro act is very simply worded and allows for a these measures. The problem is Congress (both parties) are unwilling to take the heat for allowing BLM to do their job and implement the law. It gives them a mandate to manage the horses, including lethal control. Congress has consistently threatened to cut funding if those means are used. They all put being re-elected before rangeland, or feral horse, health.

I hope this law passes and can be implemented. I'm not holding my breath. I fear it will be impossible to pass and if it were it would be in court before the ink is dry. How about Trump issue an executive order?

Hey NVB?

The problem is Congress (both parties) are unwilling to take the heat for allowing BLM to do their job and implement the law

Would that Apply to the Bundy's as well?

The Problem goes back a little Further than Lee & Romney!

LAST EDITED ON May-26-19 AT 05:41PM (MST)[p]lol NVB....have you noticed the court is rough on Trump EO's too??....kind of

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Sorry buzz, DC is the only one whose reported on the current issue. The rest simply cite DC as their source. CNN MSNBC and NPR apparently have no interest in the issue. As soon as they take an interest I'll post up a different source for you.

https://www.lee.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/issue-in-focus?ID=4DA71645-F8E3-4045-BE64-8E119961DA95

NVB I know you know this but the political rider hamstrung the ability to manage feral horses. Closing down all horse slaughter houses in the US only added to the problem as people didn't have the nerve to follow thru on the final chapter of owning a horse and began dumping them out in the wide open to be "free" rather than drawing an X from left eye to right ear, and right eye to left ear.

#livelikezac

Anybody that spends any time in the Hills have said there's a Problem with the Number of Feral Horses for many years!

Has Our Government State or Federal done anything about it?

Nothing to Reduce Numbers in them!

Let's Protect them so City Slickers can say:

Look Son.There's a Wild Mustang!

JUDAS!

There are very few True Wild Horses left anywhere!

Remember!

Glue comes from the Grocery Store!

I think most sportsmen agree wild horses need to be managed. If I'm not mistaken, the point of this thread was to take a swing at BHA .

>I think most sportsmen agree wild
>horses need to be managed.
>If I'm not mistaken, the
>point of this thread was
>to take a swing at
>BHA .

True!

But the Wild I Mean Feral Horses Were Drug in here as well!

So How Many Years will it Take to Do Something about them!

I Highly Recommend turning them over to the UDWR!

Within a Year or Two the Problem would be Solved!

>to take a swing at
>BHA .

;-)

You lost me at Romney. That carpet-bagging P.O.S. needs to be hung from the highest tree in Massachusetts.

>to take a swing at
>BHA .

More of a swing at the BHA fanboys here than BHA itself.

#livelikezac

There needs to be an open season on wild horses. Thirty years ago out in the Southwest Desert, it was cool if you saw six or seven horses. This past fall and winter over half a dozen trips out there, we were seeing between thirty and forty horses a day.

>There needs to be an open
>season on wild horses. Thirty
>years ago out in the
>Southwest Desert, it was cool
>if you saw six or
>seven horses. This past fall
>and winter over half a
>dozen trips out there, we
>were seeing between thirty and
>forty horses a day.

Yes, at least that many each day with my own eyes too!
I'd LOVE to help "control" some... at long range of course.

Zeke

#livelikezac

>There needs to be an open
>season on wild horses. Thirty
>years ago out in the
>Southwest Desert, it was cool
>if you saw six or
>seven horses. This past fall
>and winter over half a
>dozen trips out there, we
>were seeing between thirty and
>forty horses a day.

30 or 40? It can get worse. 3 or 4 hundred a day isn't unusual in some spots in northern Nevada

How many days has it been now? Mitt Romney is giving his first floor speech, should we get on whether this is an issue?

How about old Mike. When he knew he could get air time for stopping LWCF he was Johnny on it. Guess I missed his press conference.

BTW. Both Mike and Mitt have HUGE amounts of constituents who make millions growing hay to feed this horse's. Ain't a snowballs chance in hell either are doing anything.

Ever notice as oil prices go down, Mike Lee gets quieter? Seems "states rights" prefer about $70 barrel.

Can I go back to my pint now? Me and Land are hauling a bunch of wolves into Colorado tomorrow. Tonight we are celebrating.

"I don't care if the season is closed. Get off your butt and go hunt them"

TRISTATE
3/11/19

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom