Disturbing Survey

I guess if you had a do again, the answer would be "none of your damn business".

Think they were testing the water?

I haven't got that call yet, but if I do, I'd make them answer the same questions first, starting off with their name, address, and phone number, and then basically stick with a "MAYBE I'll show you mine after you show me yours, but only if I like what I see..."

Got a safe?

I am probably just asking to get attacked by posting in defense of a democrat on here, but I wouldn't be too worried about Denish trying to go after guns here in NM- I'd guess with the survey they are just trying to get a feel for things- I hope I'm right. I don't exactly know her, but her ex-husband and her son (kids) are close friends of my family and they are very avid hunters and sportsmen and fellow collectors of guns. I've hunted with them my entire life. Her son has been a professional fishing guide in NM and CO all his life as well.

Just my two cents, but with what I know of that family I can't get too nervous about it myself.

I don't think you have to worry about being attacked on the NM forum. In fact, I think the biggest fear here is that it was a fake survey to begin with. With reverse look-up, some thief with your phone number then has your address and knows what guns you have. I once had a pistol stolen two days after having movers unpack my guns, coincidence? I think not...

DC

Ohh Yea, I totally missed that context. The thread was in the political forum so I took it as "another politician after our guns" kinda deal.

I've had guns stolen by my landlord's #$%^heal kid, and more disturbingly, I recently had a gun stolen while in the possession of the USPS when I sold and shipped it to a guy on Ohio. I had insurance and they are still fighting paying me after 9 months. Postal employee (in Albuquerque) opened the box, took the $2000 FN-FAL with a trigicon ACOG out of the hardcase, and retaped it all closed. USPS says they won't pay even though the box left weighing 36 pounds and showed up weighing 15. I'm told they even caught some guys in Albuquerque stealing tons of (other) stuff from people's mail. Insurance is worthless with the post office, they fight every claim with no regard to reason or logic or justice.

Be careful.

Luckless is right--at least the way I interpreted it. If I received that phone call, I'd be more concerned about the potential phishing expedition.

Sort of like when I first moved here to NM, bought a new home, and then received a bunch of "no caller i.d." phone calls wanting to know if I'd already installed an alarm system; I'm sure they all just wanted to sell me one...

The fact that I might be overly paranoid doesn't mean people ain't out to get me... ;-)

Not about Denish wanting the guns, i do believe it was a survey. More along the lines of the Democratic Party agenda i believe.

Next time i am anwsering None of Your Buisness.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom