DIY and success!

J

JMBC

First muley and worked hard for it. I asked for any info on this site but didn't get any replies. Anyway thanks for no replies, it was very rewarding for me. From sleeping in the truck to lots of legwork. I know its not big but I am proud. My hunting partner also shot one too.

9570100_0483.jpg

sorry might have trouble with picture, don't know what I'm doing.

Congrats! DIY is the way to go! I don't know anything about WY or I would have helped!! I plan on going next year, either deer or antelope...

Congratulation. Feels good to get that first one under your belt all on your own . Doesn't it ?

Pat C.

Thankyou guys for your responses. I have been out to Wy 3 yrs now, first 2 antelope hunting, 3 for 3 now. And for someone who has not hunted there I don't mind helping. I have done extensive research from home and while I was there. Thanks again and Yes it does feel pretty good. I'm ready for next year.

JMBC,

Congrats to you! Nice buck, especially DIY!

I'm sorry to hear everybody was so tight-lipped towards ya. That's disappointing. But you overcame it! Good job!

GrizlyHunter

Congrats on a good buck. Sounds like you had a great time. Way to do it DIY!!! Sorry you had no one chime in to help you. Keep posting on the site and let people know who you are and you will be surprised how many people will help!!!

Jess,
Guess I was the only one who gave you a reply way back in March on Region M...and not a good answer either on my part due to some illness at the time.
Glad to see that it was a success for you there. I have hunted just to the east of those units for the last 3 years and it too has some good points and bad points.
Which deer unit were you hunting in there in Reg. M if you don't mind answering? If you prefer, do it by PM.
Again, congrats on the hunt and nice looking buck for your DIY hunt in a new area.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I'm surprised you didnt get any responses when asked for help. This site is filled with guys that share information. It's possible there aren't very many guys that hunt the unit you were inquiring about. Anyway, congrats on the buck. WY is a great state to hunt. Antelope and deer is a great combo hunt.

Steve
"Get that corn out of my face"

Not a bad hunt for you at all......congrats.

Did ya bump into any elk on your hunt?

I think so very few have ever hunted M that not many could give him much intel Wiz...make sense?

Robb

You're the first I know to hunt that unit. Congrat on getting it done, I know that had to be a cold sleep in that truck. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Wow I appreciate the responses guys! PleaseDear I did run into a few elk which prompted me to get the mind going on a hunt for them in the future. And in response to Gator I want to say yea it wasn't the comfortable trip being on the go for sure. It kinda makes me laugh because the wife thinks when I go on hunting trips it is all fun and games. For me and for alot of others that could the farthest from the truth. When I'm out there the fear of failure and eating a tag drives me into borderline misery! Anyway so far it has been a good start of the hunting season. Buck and doe with bow here in Mo and my hunting partner has killed his buck and doe in Ks with his longbow. We are ready to do some duck hunting and a little trapping. I might even do some dec muzzleloader hunting.
Everyone have a good Thanksgiving!

Nice DEER! I feel the same way about this site sometimes, but there are instances where people have no answers and sometimes they do, It feels extra rewarding to harvest a deer like that knowing you did all the work yourself, I'd be proud if I were you! Congrats again.

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom