"DNR" DO NOT RESUSCITATE

inline

I while ago the "DWR" changed there acronym to "DNR". In my profession DNR means DO NOT RESUSCITATE. It most commonly used when a person is to far gone to save anyways.

After the actions of the Division and the wildlife board this year. They are indeed living up to their name "DNR". They are both corrupt and are not interested in biology, public input, or what any of their committees have suggested.

Decisions on wildlife management should be in the best interest of the species and the sport. Not, by what will generate revenue for the state and what ever the wildlife board conjures up!

Take out more than you brought in!

"TAKE OUT MORE THAN YOU BROUGHT IN"???

THATS HOW THE DWR OPPERATES!!!

TAKE OUT MORE MONEY THAN WHAT CAME IN!!!

THEN FIGURE WAYS OF INCREASING THAT AMOUNT FOR NEXT YEAR!!!

AND!!!

TAKE OUT MORE GAME ANIMALS THAN YOU PRODUCED!!!

THEN FIGURE WAYS OF TAKING MORE NEXT YEAR!!!

I HOPE YOUR "TAKE OUT MORE THAN YOU BROUGHT IN" SIGNATURE IS RELATED TO TRASH???

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Please explain the corruption element to your post. This usually indicates that someone is making decisions based on personal gain. Personal gain can take many forms.

While I don't disagree with much of what is being said. I'm not aware of any DWR or DNR that is corrupt. If you want to talk competent,unprofessional, political, unreachable, unpredictable, and at times laughable then I'm with you, but corrupt.

If you have other facts that you can make public please do.

I do not believe for one second that the DWR is corrupt. You may be ticked off about decisions that were made, but IMO you have gone way overboard on this. It is impossible to make everyone happy. I do believe that the wildlife board made decisions that they felt were the best balance-- for hunters and the animals. Certainly not perfect, but absolutely not corrupt. It is shameful that you would even accuse them -- do you have evidence ? I voted differently on several items as a RAC member than what ultimately came out of the Wildlife board,but there are items that I believe will help not only our opportunity to hunt but also help the herds in the long run. My view and the view of many that contacted me were represented and discussed. We did have our opportunity, and we did get part of what we saw as the best solutions. We still have in our state some of the very best elk and deer trophy units anywhere in the country. I for one will give them credit and a pat on the back for the sincere efforts they make but will continue to listen to the "average" hunter and sportsman and help change things that in our view needs to be changed.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-08 AT 02:12PM (MST)[p]+1 Nebo. It is also my understanding that the DNR is essentially self funded. Without raising that evil money flow it would be pretty difficult to do much of anything, good or bad, unless there are a lot more people interested in volunteer work than previously thought.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-08 AT 02:53PM (MST)[p]I disagree. If you think that biology doesn't have any thing to do with the recommendations made by the DWR (not all of which are followed by the RAC's or Wildlife Board) then you need to go back to biology class. There are some recommendations that are related to social and political issues, but most of what what the DWR does is directly related to biology. I also disagree that the DWR is corrupt.

Inline, what is your beef, you mad about having to choose a region for archery, or is it spike elk?

The archery is a decision largely based on social and political concerns that were repeatedly raised by the public to the point where the DWR, RAC's and Board felt that they had to be addressed. They listed to the public, just maybe not the segment of the public that you belong to? Anyone that wants to can make a comment at a RAC or Board meeting, but it would be impossible to comply with every thing that the public requests. There are lots of people asking for different things.

The spike issue is 100% based on biology. Many of the RAC's and Board wouldn't increase bull permits so it tied the hands of the DWR to manage elk populations only with cow tags. Sex ratios got out of whack on several units and the only way to get them back is to kill more bulls. On several of our premium elk units the damage has already been done and the elk populations have swung so far out of balance that there will be declines. On some of these units it is already too late, but now at least the blamers/complainers will have something to use to blame the DWR for it. I can hear it now, "Everything was fine until the damn DWR instituted the spike hunts and now the herds are in the toilet."

The DWR isn't perfect, but to say that they are corrupt, don't base their recommendations on biological principles, and don't listen to the public is ignorant and irresponsible.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom