Do you lose points in Wyoming?

copple2

If you apply for a hunt and don't draw your first choice, but you do draw your second choice, does that eat up your points in Wyoming? Or, do you get to retain your points if you don't draw your first choice, like in Colorado? Any heads up would be appreciated.

Thanks,

copple2

Thanks Sage Advise.Here's another question, if i have 2-pts and put in for a unit for my second choice that requires 2-pts, will i lose my pts if i draw? Thanks..

You shouldn't draw if it takes 2 points to draw and it is listed as your 2nd choice, you would need to list it as your first choice to draw and then yes, you would lose your points.

That was an Impostor!! :) I'm no expert on the rules but your questions seem fairly cut and dry so; "Here's another question, if i have 2-pts and put in for a unit for my second choice that requires 2-pts, will i lose my pts if i draw? Thanks.."

Depending on the number of tags given and the oddities of any particular year, i believe you do have a chance, slim but a chance, of drawing a 2 point area even with your second choice. In that case you would not lose your points.

As already said though your chances of drawing are much better using your 2 points as a first choice pick.

Joey

He could draw in the random pool but he won't draw as a 2nd choice because there are more applicants than tags, thus creating the "2 point pool". All first choice apps are looked at before they go to 2nd choice so there would have to be fewer applicants than tags.

If only one applicant applied and he had 2 points (creating the illusion of a 2 point pool) the remaining tags would go to the 2nd choice applicants where points are not used, removing the 2 point criteria.

So, after all that mumbo jumbo, if he looks at the random draw odds for 2010, deducts the 1st choice applicants from the available tags, then compares those remaining tags to the 2nd choice applicants he can see his odds of getting the tag as his 2nd choice.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom