Doctor Optics

D

Drymountain

Has any of you guys looked through the double spotter that Doctor optic makes (20x52x80s.)) Is it worth the money. Does any one on MM own one.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-08 AT 01:24PM (MST)[p]Read this issue of Muley Crazy. If I had 3500.00 to spend and a lot of big open desert country to glass such as southern Utah, Northern Az. I would probably get a pair. I think for backcountry pack in hunts they would be too much weight. You could carry a set of 10x42s and a spotter for the same weight. Just my opinion. I bet they would be really good on a houseboat at Lake Mead or Havasu!:) But if you are asking about quality I think they are good.

That is what I want to know, how is the quality. Sounds like Ryan Hatch likes them. That has to tell you something. Does any one else have a pair of them. I like to look a long ways so I guess ill get a pair. Besides I can take them to lake Powell and see all the you know whats.

I have spent some time between looking through a friend's Doctors. I was not that impressed. Less eye strain than a spotting scope but not worth the money IMO.

You should look into the new Kowa's. I saw a review on the Doctors and the Kowa's and the quality of the Doctors wern't even close to that of the Kowa's. fatrooster.

ya i think you can do better for the money

[a href="http://www.mybinocularharness.com/"]binocular harness guy[/a]

I own a pair and like them a lot.

There is as much difference between the 10x40 bino's

to 15x56 bino's, as you will notice as you have between

15's and the 20x80's ( Doctors )

They are heavy, need a sturdy fluid head with tripod, but for looking over a mile away, and judging what you see, they are great!!!

You can focus each eye seperately. You have 2 spotting scopes

which gives you more light. You will love them.

I hear some people are joining 2 Swaroviski 20x80 HD spotting scopes, but price them! now the Doctors look even better.

I would venture a guess that those that bad mouth these bino's
have never used them, in the right setting.

Steve Cheuvront

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom