Does anybody hunt Region R?

C

c0ry14

Haven't been able to find any posts about it. Just wondering what to expect and any advice. This is going to be my first trip up there. Any help would be appreciated.

I hunted it a few years ago and was not impressed. We hunted by Shirley mountains and around. We were harassed by the local outfitter the whole time we were there. He drove by camp and shot out of the truck every day. They put a deer gut pile so it circled my wheeler at a trail head. But what really ticked me off was when my brother and his 15 year old daughter had spotted a decent buck on a hill and were looking at it through a spotting scope they drove on by and circled above the deer and tried to get a shot knowing someone was working the deer. When they drove on by after spooking the buck my brother couldn't resist talking a little ethics to the guide. It must have been lost in the wind. That guide followed my bro the next two days hunting his spots. I scouted during the summer and was warned about the sad behavior of that outfitter.

Thanks for the reply. Everything I could find said the Shirley mountain was down around region J? Not very many hits. Looks like not many on here hunt R.

You should have reported him to the G&F or local Sherriff's office. They could have issued them a hunter harrassment citation. I hear a lot about those guys pulling that type of thing. I am not sure know how many people are aware that we have the ability to push that kind of thing on those people. It's the only legal thing we can do. It boild my blood hearing about things like that. Some years back it could have been handled like men and that would have been that and that. Unfortunately, it's kinda hard to give an old fashioned ass wuppin without gettin in a lot of trouble any more.

Had a good time. It was a tough hunt. Antelope hunt was fun. The guy I went with was ready to come home opening day. Not too happy about that. So after three days of complaining I settled on a doe and came home. I'll definitely go back but probably alone or with a different partner. Definitely need a horse or atv.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom