Dominant Eye Question

MEANTTOBBUCK

My daughter asked me to find a rifle for her future husband for Christmas. He is left handed, shoots a bow left handed, left eye dominant but has shot a rifle right handed. Should he shoot left handed?
I did not know that he preferred right handed shooting and I put a lefty Browning A-bolt on layaway.

You got the right rifle for him. Since he is left eye dominant and left handed, he should shoot left handed. He is probably shooting right handed because someone made a mistake and taught him to shoot right handed with right handed rifles. If he switches over, in no time he will be shooting better left handed then he did right handed. Just get him some boxes of ammo to pratice with while using that new rifle.

RELH

No doubt, when it's all said and
done he'll be better off shooting
left handed. RELH is sure correct
about the practice.

I think that's a very diplomatic way of showing the young man you can out shoot him! Just Kidding I have the same affliction and can tell you that you really did the right thing. He will be a little uncomfortable at first but he will pick it up pretty fast and probably thank you in the end.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom