Donating H tag to a vet?

Jd250

Thinking about pulling the plug on my region h deer hunt and looking through the game and fish site I can donate it to a disabled vet. Has anyone does this? If so how was the process do you actually get to be in contact with the person who receives the tag? Or do they just give them to certain orgs.? I know season is coming up soon so there won’t be much time for someone to prepare for it but I figured it’s a better option than just tossing it in the trash.
Thanks

A recent article on the subject. I helped facilitate my SIL donating a Wyo Gen elk tag to vet a few years ago. The org handled most of the paperwork and logistics of the transfer. Pretty seamless.

A recent article on the subject. I helped facilitate my SIL donating a Wyo Gen elk tag to vet a few years ago. The org handled most of the paperwork and logistics of the transfer. Pretty seamless.

That’s cool I’ll know in the next week or so if im going to bail on the hunt and I will go that route for sure

I appreciate this Info. I just got the paperwork via email to donate my my cow tag from the info you gave. Your response was worth it's weight in gold and some lucky disabled vet has an opportunity to elk hunt. Everyone on this page should give you the shirt off their back.

See below link of a success hunt with a donated tag. Again Thank you very much to all who donated tags to veterans. Wished WY would give emails or mailing addresses of you all who donated tags so we could thank you.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom