Done Early

greatbasin

Well, after a couple of days of hunting a place with a good buck in the area, I saw this doe and couldn't bear to watch her suffer with what appeared to be a bad leg. I feel good about helping her out as well as not giving the coyotes a free meal. The buck, I guess can wait until next year. Anybody loose a broadhead?

crop23.jpg

2009pronghorn041.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Sucks for you and the antelope. You did the right thing. Just a test and you passed. Good karma for future hunts.

That is cool you did what you did. That broadhead had to hurt and it would have never healed up.

I believe in kharma also. Good luck on the buck!

Way to be a true sportsman. I hope you are rewarded by the hunting God for your act of mercifulness. Takes a real unselfish man to do the right thing, and you did.

first class!!!
cudos to you for doing very much the RIGHT thing.made me smile to know there are guys like you out there still.going to be some great eating.
ajoe

Thanks for the words. I think the eating will be fine. She was a bit thin and dehydrated but otherwise healthy. That's the good part of the situation...the fact that I can put such a sorry animal to good use. Weird really, such a small wound, but so deadly. The whole ankle felt like it was full of gravel.

Nicely done, I commend you for making the difficult choice a true sportsman should make. You lead by example.....

As a hunter first , you are very honorable and I say CONGRATS. You stand for all the good that is in hunting, and as mentioned above , I believe the good you done will be received by you in the future in a great way , atleast I hope it for you.To successfully harvest any animal with archery equipemt is a great accomplishment any how , so congrats on a great hunt and thanks for sharing....NM

I'd like to know who let that shot fly...they need some more summer practice. Great decision on your part!

True Sportsman. I have to think a major percentage of the members on this site would have done the same thing. Thank you for being a good example for all of us.
Sharpstick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom