Don't confuse me with the "other" AWO!

DonMartin

Very Active Member
Fellow sportsmen:

I just got a call from a guy who was really angry. He accused me of working with George Taulman, and of doing Arizona big game hunts for him.

Well, he is wrong, and I'd like to straighten it out for him and anyone else who has heard that trash.

First of all, I'm Don Martin and I own/operate Arizona Wildlife Outfitters, out of Kingman, AZ.(928-681-4867) I've been an outfitter/guide in Arizona since 1987.

This guy has me confused with AMERICAN WILDLIFE OUTFITTERS who are located in Flagstaff, AZ (928-527-9423).

The owners of that outfit, according to their website (www.awohunts.com) is Gary "Goose" Howell and Dave Willie.

The confusion stems from the fact that the boys at AMERICAN WILDLIFE OUTFITTERS are guiding for George Taulman and USO and have been doing so apparently for some time! Mr. Howell just guided a non-resident for USO on a sheep hunt in Unit 15D, where by the way, I was guiding the other non-resident sheep hunter. I never met them as they were done on opening day and my hunter didn't get there until the fourth day.

I sure don't want to start no pi$$ing match with anyone, but folks ought to get their facts straight, and not get the original AWO confused with the "other" AWO.

I never have guided for George, and as many who know me will attest, am an outspoken critic of him and his actions in regards to hunting in Arizona (and the West).

George is motivated by money, pure and simple, and to say he really cares about our natural resources, well it just isn't true! Just read his lawsuit and see what he makes his claim on, not hunting as a recreational sport, but the selling of animal parts!

Anyway, just wanted to set the record straight and stop the B.S. before it really gets out of control.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters
Kingman, AZ

OK

Mike
at235.gif

I can certainly understand and appreciate your frustration. I am glad that you cleared that up as I know that some of those other "AWO" guys have posted here in the past. Very interesting information for anybody looking to hunt AZ in the future.

Drum

Nicely done there Don! I'm sure that all who know you, myself included, are VERY aware that Georgie boy would be the last person on earth that you would take a red cent from.

With the emotions running as high as they seem to be right now regarding Arizona hunting, guides and the people that they take money from, maybe people should really get all of the facts before starting a crap slinging match. Innocent folks could end up getting hurt over this.

p.s. Congrats on getting your guy a nice ram!

Dave Nicholson

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-04 AT 08:36PM (MST)[p]Hey, that is the same guy....

I wasn't aware of other posts, but obviously there have been some. Just don't want you all to get me mixed up with the "other" boys.

Just to reiterate, I don't now and never have worked for USO!!!! You know the answer for the "other" AWO...

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

It must be a small world. I could have swore that guy was eating a chocolate ice cream cone.

Dave:

Tis a small world we live in, didn't know you frequented this site. I hear you like vanilla and not chocolate ice cream? That true? Don

I just looked up the handle of MM's "AWO" and the name on the user profile is Dave Willie. I guess this is the guy affiliated with American Wildlife Outfitters.

"AWO", you out there? Where are you with this deal?

so i can put american wildlife outfitters on my "list"? i'm sorta surprised that those guys have the nerve to cruise this site. oh well, how smart can they be, bein' a taulman toadie? glad to hear don is one o' the good guys. still waiting to hear from others.

One more "good guy" vote for Don Martin and the real AWO. I talked to him frequently in the past, was impressed enough that my hunting patner and I went down to Kingman to take his Hunter Ed. class. Met him up on the hill in the Kaibab this year, and we had some real good discussions about AzG&F, USO, wildlife in general, and other issues. I would back him any day. Joel

Guys, Don Martin is definitely one of the good guys. You'll never meet a guy more dedicated to preserving the heritage of hunting, both in his actions, and in his newspaper column. I wish there was a way we could get him appointed to the game and fish commission. Don is THE original AWO, these other punks calling themselves AWO need to step up and come clean on their affiliation with Georgie Taulmanure.

Don was one of the first people to buy bumperstickers from me, that said, "Say NO To Greedy Outfitters, No To USO".

Don, my hat is off to you for running a ethical hunting guide business, as well as taking the time to be at almost every commsision meeting.

You can have a double scoop with sprinkles on top....

By the way, I was never confused. I know bukllwrinkle would have straightened me out.

The other AWO had another sheep hunter on the Cabeza west side that was using a rifled shotgun shooting slugs!

Zogg out

Who are these flagstaff dildos, and why haven't we heard of them guiding for USO before now? This just proves my theory that you guides out there know exactly who is working for taulman. Print a friggin list so we can stop the crap like don experienced.

Why don't you call all the guides, make your own list, and print it yourself. Find out for yourself and quit trying to have everyone else do it for you. Basically you are saying that any guide who does not come onto MM and say they don't work for USO, means they are. Well guess what, the world does not revolve around MM and what you want to know. Most of them probably don't even know about MM. Lay off. If you want the list, get it yourself.

Don,

Your right, I kinda like vanilla. Most the time I read the stuff here I kinda get a big chocolate wad caught in my craw.

Got a lot of guys with potty mouths and no names or brains.

I was about to throw some BS your way but since you cleared it up I do not have too.

NBJB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom