Doom and Gloom

Elkasaurous

Jeez this forum, and this site to an extent has really become just a bunch of whining.

I'm not disagreeing that deer herds in Colorado are hurting but if half of you that complain on these forums actually went to one of the regional meetings then the number of hunters attending would increase by 50%.

I really enjoy seeing the pictures of great bucks and bulls and kids and family hunting. I've helped a few out on this forum over the years and have made some good friends that I now camp, hunt and fish with.

Not trying to start a pissing match but if you took away the bitching threads and the "I have 61 deer points built up, where do I hunt" threads then you would be left with some wolf threads and maybe 3 or 4 showing some great hunts.

Fire away

With all due respect Elkasaurous. It is the off season and right before the draw and right after all the new changes just came out.
But I do agree with you in that more of us need to get involved and attend more meetings and put our 2 cents in at a higher level.

With all due respect Elkasaurous. It is the off season and right before the draw and right after all the new changes just came out.
But I do agree with you in that more of us need to get involved and attend more meetings and put our 2 cents in at a higher level.
?

Dammit I honestly wish I could speak positively towards the state of and the future our herds. ? Perhaps some of the doom and gloom will get more people off the bench to start attending meetings and be a voice for the deer and elk herds in the state of Colorado. That being said the grip and grins every fall is what keeps us coming back.

I already do participate with CPW and DNR on levels most do not. State has their own agenda under Polis that is changing outdoor recreation. I have learned fact stating with supporting studies, letters, phone calls, and logic is not part of the overall plan.

Go back and do a little reflection on the post. Every person I have seen calling attention to the issue are the guys I see on a regular basis at the meetings. I am one of those and believe me I have spent hundreds of hours at meeting and providing input. The input 90% of the time was not followed. Most of the guys commenting that things are looking bad have been to many meeting, spent time on conference calls, have written several emails, etc.

The doom and gloom guys are just being honest and feel that way because they truly understand what is happening, usually before anyone else.

Sorry but Colorado is currently destroying the deer herds and deer hunting as we know it. I am sorry but unless they change course the resource will be destroyed in NW Colorado for 10-15 years. The exact same way they destroyed the resource in Laramie County in the late 90s all the through the 2014...

On the flip side if you have any really good news about the hunting in Colorado I would love to hear it... Or are you one of those that just like to complain about the complainers? HAHA

Sorry but Colorado is currently destroying the deer herds and deer hunting as we know it. I am sorry but unless they change course the resource will be destroyed in NW Colorado for 10-15 years.

Obviously things are not looking good for mature deer based on increased pressure and later tags in the rut, but what about the doe population? I think that needs to be the focus as if you limit buck harvest (and you have enough does making bucks) than you can bring back mature bucks in 5 years by reducing tag numbers.

Is the doe population taking a nose dive as well? If so, why?

1. drought
2. habitat
3. predators
4. vehicles

I think the focus needs to be on 2, 3 and 4 to keep as many girls around (that the range can handle) and as healthy as possible so they can get threw the winters with 1 to hopefully 2 healthy fawns and then one needs the CDOW to reduce the harvest of bucks.

I'm sitting in a room right now with CPW talking Colorado game. Their topics are; wolves, cwd, decreasing deer herd, wolf impacts to elk population, rapidly rising cougar populations, other predator numbers, variable sage grouse numbers, feral horses, and the large abundance of bears. Doom and gloom? You bet. Not one positive word from JT or any of the other myrid CPW staffers other than JT stating he has a face made for radio.

I feel like it is doom and gloom with wolves coming, habitat loss and 1000 yard rifles taking over. Wonder what it will be like 25 years from now??

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom