DOW meeting

H

HTG

Anyone going to the Gunnison DOW meeting tomarrow? I was just wondering if the have a deer population count yet for 54 and 55? I was told that they were going to have it posted weeks ago but they stil haven't.

Thanks that be great, you know its always good to see the old campus again, but nkow I just cant wait to get there and hunt.

GUNNISON, Colo. - Colorado Division of Wildlife managers and biologists in the Gunnison area will discuss proposed license numbers for the 2009 hunting season for deer and elk on March 31 at the Gunnison County Fairgrounds in the Fred Field Western Heritage Center, 275 S. Spruce Street in Gunnison.

From 10 a.m. to noon information on Game Management Units 54, 55 and 551 will be presented. GMUs 66 and 67 will be discussed starting at 1 p.m. The public is invited to attend and provide comments on the recommendations.

DOW officials also will present information on the 2008 harvest, data from the annual big game classification aerial survey conducted in January, and license number recommendation for fall 2009.

I talked to a DOW rep briefly yesterday. He said they recommended a 10% cut in buck tags in all units for the 2009 seasons.

Rocket Dog and I went to both the am and pm meetings.
The 54-55-551 meeting was heavily attended. Best turnout
in the last 10 years for a tags meeting. the limited elk issue
was not addressed but was still clearly evident. Gunn basin
lost 40% of its deer from 08 winter. 40% of the elk calves
also died as shown by this years spike count(from 12-15
to 8-10 per 100 cows). From a max tag allotment for deer
in 2007 a 55% reduction in buck tags followed by another

20% this year in units 66-67 and similiar for the N. units.
Elk and deer harvests for all the Gun units were well below
the previous year, ex. unit 55 bull harvest 2007 411
bull harveat 2008 273. Same for all the N. units deer and
elk. Units 66-67 stable on bull harvest deer way down.
There will be a meeting around May 1 in Gun to address the
limited elk N units. Roy

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom