DOZENS OF NEW CALIBERS/CARTRIDGES HYPE???

No, let's ban muzzleloader scope once and for all. I can almost hear the crying from the basin right now!

Hawkeye
don't disagree with that at all. there should be no scopes on a muzzle loader. whole reason they get the prime seasons they do is its a "primitive" weapon. now there good to 700. that's fine if its what you want but the seasons need to be more restrictive, as should modern seasons

I'm sure long range shooting is not going away , but it is a lot less hell Mary shooting,It is nice to be more competent at longer range. For me with many years at it and triple digit kills,I will need to move back hundreds of yards to take a long range shot. As far as anything to help herd health and quality I'm for it. How about plenty of tags and good time frames with short seasons but you only get three rounds that are officially registered numbers and you need to have the rounds with you empty or not ,one gun only. muzzys shoot what ever gun you want 3 shots only.

As Both you & Hawky Already Know After Trying To Pound It Through Your THICK F'N Heads I'm Willing To Give!

But Only If You Two Give & Everybody-else Gives As Well!

Your Long Ranger Days Are Done JP!

Gonna Be A Few Things Vanish off of hawky's Bow As Well!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The Dreaded SmokePole Scope Must Be The Only F'N Reason The Herds Are In The Shape They're in Today!

don't disagree with that at all. there should be no scopes on a muzzle loader. whole reason they get the prime seasons they do is its a "primitive" weapon. now there good to 700. that's fine if its what you want but the seasons need to be more restrictive, as should modern seasons

It Only Took about 50 years To Really F Hunting Up!

How F'N Long Do You Think It'll Take To Fix?

HINT:

There Ain't A One Of Us Gonna Live Long Enough To Find Out!

As Both you & Hawky Already Know After Trying To Pound It Through Your THICK F'N Heads I'm Willing To Give!

But Only If You Two Give & Everybody-else Gives As Well!

Your Long Ranger Days Are Done JP!

Gonna Be A Few Things Vanish off of hawky's Bow As Well!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The Dreaded SmokePole Scope Must Be The Only F'N Reason The Herds Are In The Shape They're in Today!
I’ve said many times modern season needs to be shortened and no where near the rut. Let me see if this can get through your thick fk’n head. There is no regulation what so ever you can do to prevent “long range” shooting. The bullets from a modern rifle travel over a mile when they leave the barrel, always have, always will.

Regulate physics successfully and I will eat my words

Just As I Thought!

You Don't & Won't Give Up Your F'N Long Ranger!

But You Want Others To Give!

I’ve said many times modern season needs to be shortened and no where near the rut. Let me see if this can get through your thick fk’n head. There is no regulation what so ever you can do to prevent “long range” shooting. The bullets from a modern rifle travel over a mile when they leave the barrel, always have, always will.

Regulate physics successfully and I will eat my words

Funny thing is I’m probably not even hunting with a rifle this year. Just a bow. Regardless of that I still know stupid when i see it.

Everyone knows you start these threads about tech just to say “awwww hawsers don’t yuz seeeeed scopeies Ons a muzzy luder is justs ok!!!! JFP!!!!”

You dont want to give a thing. You just want to ***** because the ridge you used to ride your 3 wheeler up in 1975 and shoot a buck every opening day doesn’t produce anymore so “ huntins dun ruined!!!!JFP!!!”

A 3 Wheeler in 75 Huh?

Just Keep Ridin & Blazin Trails Where It's Illegal!

That's One F'N Thing I Didn't Have To Contend With in 75!

The First 3 Wheeler I Ever heard About was about 1970!

Didn't See a Real Big Issue Until The 4 Wheeler's Showed up around Mid 80's!

Now Look What's Going Down!

I Don't Wanna Scratch My 100K Truck!

So They Buy a 25K-35K Side X Side & Put 10K-15K worth of Goodies On It In Hopes Of a PISSCUTTER!

The First 3 Wheeler I Ever heard About was about 1970!

Didn't See a Real Big Issue Until The 4 Wheeler's Showed up around Mid 80's!

Now Look What's Going Down!

I Don't Wanna Scratch My 100K Truck!

So They Buy a 25K-35K Side X Side & Put 10K-15K worth of Goodies On It In Hopes Of a PISSCUTTER!

IMG_4710.png

Hey hawky!

So?

What's Happening Quicker?

Out-Lawing SmokePole Scopes?

Or New Technology Such as Above Showing Up?

And Which Model Have You Got Ordered?

And Will You Let Me & The KING Shoot Game Animals Out of It While You're Playin Pilot?

Hey hawky!

So?

What's Happening Quicker?

Out-Lawing SmokePole Scopes?

Or New Technology Such as Above Showing Up?

And Which Model Have You Got Ordered?

And Will You Let Me & The KING Shoot Game Animals Out of It While You're Playin Pilot?
Bess @elkassassin you are needed in the shoe section of the classifieds.

long range shooting to flying cars, great thread.

I’m sure at some point an experienced hunter goes that direction and find a challenge in it.

What I think is a shame when that’s the perspective on hunting. Iv meet more new “snipers” with that long rang mentality that they have gone as far to take a class on how to shoot long rang with their 2k+ rifles.

And Working On 3K!

long range shooting to flying cars, great thread.

I’m sure at some point an experienced hunter goes that direction and find a challenge in it.

What I think is a shame when that’s the perspective on hunting. Iv meet more new “snipers” with that long rang mentality that they have gone as far to take a class on how to shoot long rang with their 2k+ rifles.

I have nothing against the new calibers. Y'all please feel free to knock yourselves out. But I am getting a little irritated whenever I go to Cabelas or Sportsmans and see three rows of 6.5 Creedmore ammo, but nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, in 270 WSM. I can't be the only one. C'mon you ammo manufactures--throw us older guys an occasional bone...

The hype is this: 6.5 are outshooting the .308's in long range competitions. Hunters have tried it out and can't see any reason to shoot something else. I have a friend who has raised 6 hunters. He swapped every gun out for 6.5 in the past 5 years. I will not go back to anything else. Little recoil, innately accurate, and drops deer and elk just fine. Everyone in my disconnected circle is coming up with the same conclusion.

CM is is the new WSM.
yup. the short mag thing always cracked me up " look guys, this round does just a little bit less then its parent cartridge but its a super short action because i'm cutting ounces for my epic back country hunt!!!'

i guess it would let you carry just a little more mountain opps anti target panic blue razberry drink mix

I have nothing against the new calibers. Y'all please feel free to knock yourselves out. But I am getting a little irritated whenever I go to Cabelas or Sportsmans and see three rows of 6.5 Creedmore ammo, but nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, in 270 WSM. I can't be the only one. C'mon you ammo manufactures--throw us older guys an occasional bone...
They sell what people buy. I can't get .303 savage anymore either. Have to wait until they make a batch and a friend calls me. Sometimes we bet wrong. There is still .270 on the shelves for the really old guys, just not 270 wsm.

Hey JP!

They Ain't Got time To Pull The Long Action Bolt Back These Days!

Them WSM's Save a Millisecond!

yup. the short mag thing always cracked me up " look guys, this round does just a little bit less then its parent cartridge but its a super short action because i'm cutting ounces for my epic back country hunt!!!'

i guess it would let you carry just a little more mountain opps anti target panic blue razberry drink mix

They sell what people buy. I can't get .303 savage anymore either. Have to wait until they make a batch and a friend calls me. Sometimes we bet wrong. There is still .270 on the shelves for the really old guys, just not 270 wsm.
That's why grandpa buys every box he sees when he finds em. Got to keep that vanguard running

I took a long-range shooting school a couple months ago and I could see no difference whatsoever between the new wizbang crap and the old school high velocity rounds.

Roy Weatherby brought the 300 WBY out in 1944 and my custom 300 hit every target out to 1 mile just like the new whatever's most other guys were shooting.

I used to have to get the latest and greatest but I'm over that crap now.

The majority of the newer calibers have “match” chambers compared to the older calibers. The older have comparably loose SAAMI specs vs the new.
You rarely have to neck size -and bullet seating depth isn’t as critical with the newer calibers like the creedmores and PRC lines. Another reason factory ammo is so accurate.

The majority of the newer calibers have “match” chambers compared to the older calibers. The older have comparably loose SAAMI specs vs the new.
You rarely have to neck size -and bullet seating depth isn’t as critical with the newer calibers like the creedmores and PRC lines. Another reason factory ammo is so accurate.
Cartridge

Hard to believe info from those that don't know the difference.
Seriously - your right and your also wrong.

Sounds like your butt hurt because the new chamber dimensions are tighter and more accurate than what you’re shooting.
What are you shooting muley ?Your ultra that your so proud of ?
I’ll post your SAAMI specs of your cartridge /chamber/caliber and compare it to one of the new designs ?
You might cry when you see how much tighter the new chambers are cut.

And here’s your chance to prove me wrong. Post some data. It’s there if you can figure out how to do it.
Your just good at what your good at -hit and run.

Seriously - your right and your also wrong.

Sounds like your butt hurt because the new chamber dimensions are tighter and more accurate than what you’re shooting.
What are you shooting muley ?Your ultra that your so proud of ?
I’ll post your SAAMI specs of your cartridge /chamber/caliber and compare it to one of the new designs ?
You might cry when you see how much tighter the new chambers are cut.

And here’s your chance to prove me wrong. Post some data. It’s there if you can figure out how to do it.
Your just good at what your good at -hit and run.
Yeah. I like my RUM. And my. 06 and my 270 and my .243 and my .222. My RUM is getting rebarreled. Smith has 2 reamers. One SAAMI, one not. I'll let you know which way I choose. Not butt hurt at all. I can hit what I shoot at with my $hitty old cartridges. And, with the new bullets and powders available, these old cartridges do some amazing things. mtmuley

Last edited:
But What If They Get A Committee Going?

You Burn The Barrel Out Of That RUM Already mt?

Yeah. I like my RUM. And my. 06 and my 270 and my .243 and my .222. My RUM is getting rebarreled. Smith has 2 reamers. One SAAMI, one not. I'll let you know which way I choose. Not butt hurt at all. I can hit what I shoot at with my $hitty old cartridges. And, with the new bullets and powders available, these old cartridges do some amazing things. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom