Draw advice

buckmster28

So I have a bunch of friends sitting on seven points and they have come to me for advice. My first advise was wait til next year when dates are better which is not a problem for them.
For me it would be a little easier to decide as I would want the best unit for a chance at a big buck period, but its not that easy for them. They want big bucks of course but a fun hunt I think is more important to them. So they want to stay somewhere in a town prefferable a bigger town with a resteraunt or two and a bar or two, unit does not have to take 8 points to draw could be less and while they want to kill large deer like everyone else I think seeing a lot of bucks daily regardless of size would be better with a chance at maybe getting a good one or two.
I know its a lot to ask but any advice for them would be appreciated.

thanks

22,70,30,31 and I'm sure there are other good ones. 3rd season is usually preferable, but you'd have to check the draw results to see if you can get 3rd in any given unit. I wouldn't burn 7 points on a 0-1 pt. unit.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom