Draw Loc Bows

xbow

Does anyone know if they're legal to use to hunt in Utah. I currently have a permit to use a crossbow however, if legal I was going to look into maybe starting to use one.

Just because I would rather shoot a normal bow rather than a crossbow. First because everyone seems to think a crossbow gives you an advantage which I don't believe, but we wont start that and secondly I dont know if any of you have carried a crossbow on a long hike but they're definatly not the lightest things in the world.

Can you not draw a compound bow? I've seen the commercial for Draw-Loc and it, no offense, kinda seems like cheating. I'm attracted to archery because its primitive. I guess its our nature to take advantage of new technology that comes out to help take the human element out of hunting. Twenty years ago everyone finger shot. There were no releases, yet, today I shoot a release. I've owned a crossbow and I know, like you, theres not really any advantage to hunting with one. Maybe the only thing is that the game wont see you draw your bow. Anyway- I was just curious why you'd want to shoot with a Draw-Loc.

No I can't draw a bow. no offense taken. I was just intrested in maybe giving it a try and seeing if it enable me to hunt with a regular compound bow rather than a crossbow.

xbow, as of right now you canNOT use the drawlock. UBA is pushing to change this for HUNTERS who are using x-bows with a doctors release. I would rather see you use a drawlock than a x-bow. The proclamation says crossbow only, this is what UBA is trying to clearify. Any questions about what we are doing feel free to pm me and I'll try to explain better. I have a good friend I introduced to bowhunting years ago who has to use a xbow and if he could he would use a compound like me but 60% loss of the use of his right arm makes it hard. This is for those who have a medical release from a doctor not for the general public!

I think thats a good idea if a person cant draw back the poundage of a compound bow. Its nice to see that you havent given up bowhunting because of your problem. Thats inspiring!! Good luck with however it turns out.

I'm glad to see that someone is trying to make it legal for those of us with a special permit to be able to use it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom