Draw odds

porchdog

I've been on the "Draw Odds" several times and I still can't figure out how to read it. The old system was simple. I don't understand how the points figure into the odds. Can you help?

If you only apply in one or two states then might be worth your time to dig into the statistics for those states and identify the units you are likely to draw with the points you have. Otherwise, you can pay to access the statistics that used to be hosted here.

I rarely apply based on points but see the value if you want to hunt this fall for a species in a specific state.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-13 AT 10:55AM (MST)[p]I'm not real familiar with Colorado, but a quick google gave me this website link and it shows the top units with the PPs needed to draw an elk tag in 2011. It looks like if you have 20 that you're in the running for the best few units in the state for elk. Hope this helps a little! Wait for it because it takes about 30 seconds to load.

http://blog.huntersdb.com/2012/02/22/preference-points-need-for-colorado-elk-hunts/

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-13 AT 06:46PM (MST)[p]That is the current list from the 2012 draw and its very similar to the other link I posted that showed the 2011 stats. As an example it took 20PPs in 2011 and 19 in 2012 for a NR in EE001E1R.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-13 AT 06:30AM (MST)[p]Pretty simple. Look at how many points in took to draw a unit last year. Then add 1 to that and most likely that will give you an idea if you have a chance. That is unless someone with a bunch of points switches and you still may be watching TV come SEP.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom