draw question

NMBOWHUNTR

Ok guys, this may be a silly question but would like to know how applying with a credit card works? In my 32 years on this rock I have yet to own or be in debt to a credit card and just pay out of pocket every year for the draw(debit card). Now with added species on my list and a wife and children who are getting into the sport, my app. fees are a little astronomical for out of pocket expenses.

I'm at the point now where I guess I need and should have a cc for hunts and life's emergencies. My question is if unsuccessful in the draw, does the money just get refunded back to your cc and you eat the monthly fees up until that point or how does it work?

Either way I don't care I'm still applying just trying to see how this works. Thanks for any help and good luck in the draw

You got it right. If you don't draw, that amount gets refunded to your card. I always try to apply as late as possible with the hopes that a refund will come before my billing cycle ends and I have to actually pay the bill. It seldom works. I think last year the draw deadline was March 19th and the refund hit my card the 23rd of April.

The system always gets pretty sluggish in the days before the deadline, so don't put it off too long.

Good luck on your draws-- maybe you won't need to worry about the refund!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-15 AT 10:45AM (MST)[p]That's right. You'll be out about 30-40 days interest on the amount you have charged that is eventually refunded. Sounds like you could qualify for a card that is <10% interest, so if you're a resident and apply for all the hunts, draw nothing, and are refunded everything, you're still only looking about $10 in interest charges (40/365*$800*10%).

Last year they were a little late because of the judges decision in the court case regaring res/non-res quota, hopefully this year they will be quicker.

Of course, being NM, they could change the rules after you apply.
You never know what might happen.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom