Draw question

ClarkW

I see Utah is going to allow non-residents to apply for more than 1 limited entry specie this year, but can still only draw 1. I am wondering how it would work in the unlikely situation that you were successful for more. How do they decide which tag you get?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-09 AT 06:23PM (MST)[p]A nonres can only apply for 1 tag. They can, however, buy points for all of the species. So, they have no chance of drawing more than one species because they only get to pick one for the actual draw.

UPDATE: Nevermind. I just read it again and a nonres can apply for tags or points for all species. There must be some order in which the tags are drawn and if they draw one it removes them from the pool for the others... or something. Geez Utah is so screwed up! Can anybody explain to me how this plan is a good idea?

In the Utah proc on page 19 it outlines what res. and non res can apply for. Non res is like it used to be years ago for us residents. On page 16 it outlines the drawing process. Once you draw a tag you are removed from all other tag options and would receive a point for all other tags applied for.

I talked with a lady from the dwr and she confirmed what I read in the proclamation. I don't remember what page it is on , but it gives you the order in which they draw. If I remember, they draw deer first, then elk,pronghorn and I can't remember the rest.If you draw the deer, the way I understand is that you are now eliminated from the rest because you just drew your one tag.So, watch how you apply. I hope this helps. The order is in the proclamation though.

Big game permits are drawn in the following order:
First?buck deer (premium limited-? entry, limited-entry, CWMU and management buck deer)
Second?bull elk (premium limited-? entry, limited-entry and CWMU)
Third?buck pronghorn (limited-? entry and CWMU)
Fourth?once-in-a-lifetime?
Fifth?youth general buck deer?
Sixth?general buck deer and ? general buck/bull combination
Last?youth any bull elk?
Because of the order in which permits are drawn, you won't be included in the drawing for a once-in-a-lifetime permit if you draw any of the following permits:
Buck deer (limited-entry, premium ? limited-entry, CWMU or management buck deer)
Bull elk (limited-entry, premium ? limited-entry or CWMU)
Buck pronghorn (limited-entry
? or CWMU)

~Z~

Because a nonresident can apply for all once in a lifetime tags, I think the question is what order are they drawn in. This isn't outlined in the proclamation (that I can find).

Thanks guys, cause I wouldn't want to knock myself out of the elk drawing if I draw a deer, so guess I will either just put in for a point, or a Henry's deer tag. That would be the only one worth not being in the elk draw.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom