Draw Results!

Last year I think they posted results on the 20th.
My sons and I always swing for the fence in NM. With 20 individual applications submitted, hopefully one of us connects. We have been very lucky in NM in the past - hope the luck continues.

What kind of gun? I’m in the market myself and there is a caliber that I’m super interested in
Tbh not sure yet. I just bought a 300 win mag a few weeks ago. I just look and see the that catches my eye. Been three years since I’ve bought a new bow. So might go that way. Like a female in clothing store, buying new hunting/fishing gear helps heal the heart. ?

What caliber you have your eye on?

Last edited:
Tbh not sure yet. I just bought a 300 win mag a few weeks ago. I just look and see the that catches my eye. Been three years since I’ve bought a new bow. So might go that way. Like a female in clothing store, buying new hunting/fishing gear helps heal the heart. ?

What caliber you have your eye on?
After close consideration, research, and field performance im going with the 28 nozler . I’ve seen multiple elk get stoned with these rifles. The long range accuracy and knock down power at these ranges are just second to none in my experience

After close consideration, research, and field performance im going with the 28 nozler . I’ve seen multiple elk get stoned with these rifles. The long range accuracy and knock down power at these ranges are just second to none in my experience
Ya the 28 nosler is a great round. That’s what I was look in g at when I bought the 300. But, couldn’t find one that I liked that wasn’t on back order here. Don’t like to order them without feeling them first.

What kind of gun? I’m in the market myself and there is a caliber that I’m super interested in
Another option if you don't like the direction the muzzleloaders have gone in this state--consider a crossbow. Legal during muzzleloader here with nearly the same range as iron sights (for me) and then hunt archery season in Kansas with it. Just an idea I've been kicking around in my own thoughts...

Thank you for the advice mr mozey! I have raven I had to buy years back due to a shoulder surgery that happened right before archery deer, that’s honestly the only time I’ve used it.
I’m not much for muzzy or rifle. I only hunt audad rifle.
My wife’s the rifle hunter, and she was able to handle the set up my partner uses no problem and she’s 5’ 2” 115 lbs.
From what I’ve seen the 28’s are amazing!

Thank you for the advice mr mozey! I have raven I had to buy years back due to a shoulder surgery that happened right before archery deer, that’s honestly the only time I’ve used it.
I’m not much for muzzy or rifle. I only hunt audad rifle.
My wife’s the rifle hunter, and she was able to handle the set up my partner uses no problem and she’s 5’ 2” 115 lbs.
From what I’ve seen the 28’s are amazing!
I’m the same way. Mostly archery hunt. Only thing I put in for rifle was oryx. Everything else is archery for me. Just buy the guns because I like and want them. lol

They have up to Friday to get the harvest reports in. thinking the draw process will start the week of April 10 and the results will be out the week of April 17.

We can still delete applications. The harvest report deadline is the 7th, but they say you pay an $8 late fee after that. I wonder what's the last deadline to report harvest before they cancel your application?

We can still delete applications. The harvest report deadline is the 7th, but they say you pay an $8 late fee after that. I wonder what's the last deadline to report harvest before they cancel your application?
A guy I talked to forgot to do his report one year, and they actually ran him in the draw, he drew an elk tag, it was then revoked a reissued

Better check ammo availability before buying a new rifle unless you reload of course.
It's bullcrap I had to buy a 300 win mag just to go on my Oryx hunt this past Feb when I have a 270 WSM and 300 RUM in the safe with no ammo to be found at that time.

What’s the single green you’re looking for? Elk,deer,lope,sheep,ibex,oryx??
A RBH would sure be nice before I fork over the immense $$ to go hunt Alberta...

Not counting on that though. Otherwise, I don't put in for anything I wouldn't be thrilled for, so I'll take anything.

Funny I was just told I need to pay off my credit card to close on my HELOC but I do not want a $8500 credit after I pay it off and New Mexico refunds all my unsuccessful money I fronted them!!!

Ugh!! We do this for fun!!

If I see successful I might just have a heart attack!!!!

Funny I was just told I need to pay off my credit card to close on my HELOC but I do not want a $8500 credit after I pay it off and New Mexico refunds all my unsuccessful money I fronted them!!!

Ugh!! We do this for fun!!

If I see successful I might just have a heart attack!!!!

If you pay it off and then don't draw usually the cc company will cut you a check.

We're another day closer to the results! :)

I checked my records and the deadline in 2017 was 3-22 and they drew on 4-12. Does that mean 4-12-23 is the day? Oh the anticipation!

Just wait, tomorrow they have a fishing and stocking report email with your name all over it! :)
Hahahaha yes they will. As long as they don’t do like the bosque del Apache did my son this year. He drew it last year, so knew what the email looked like being successful. They sent one last week that said “If you are receiving this email you have successfully” and he came out of his room yelling with excitement. I got excited with him when he told me. Then I read the email. Continued to say “applied for the hunt. Successful applicants were advised in a separate email last week.” Blah blah blah. Talk about a let down of emotions for him.

I’ll hope all of us draw a tag this season! That will make a nice holiday present for us to share on the Supper Table with our friends and loved ones! Who’s with me?!

Anybody hear from Vinnihunt lately?
I‘ll have to PM Miss Teresa the love of his life! Sorry VinnI! LOL!

I just can’t wait for the “not asking for anyone’s honey hole” threads!
Hi guys, I’m never on here until I need something! But I drew a tag in the Gila first rifle hunt and I’m way to lazy to spend anytime researching this unit prior to applying and of course after drawing. So here’s what I need? I need one of you very nice guys to drop what your doing and research the unit I drew a tag in organize all the info in a format that’s easy to understand using waterproof paper for when I leave my copy in the rain because I too lazy to take care of it or just thinking go ahead a make me 10 colorized copies for 2 copies a day because after my morning hunt I don’t want to have to carry it back to my truck I’ll just throw it in the timber. Now I’d rather just get your honey hole with all the GPS, BEST WAY TO ENTER AND EXIT THE AREA, WHERE SHOULD I PARK ETC ETC! Oh and if you are going to be a smart butt and send me an area that would only bring me a 390”or less area DONT WASTE MY TIME YOU D$CKHEAD! I said 400” plus! Oh and finally make plans to retrieve my animal cape it skin it take it to the butcher have it cut to the list of my requirements I give you and make sure you put it in some coolers with dry ice because I don’t have any and bring it back to me and load on my truck carefully and tell me when your done and I’ll give a crisp $100 bill which I think is way too much but Hey I’m a generous type of Guy! Now get too it!

And the worst thing we’ve had guys come on here that basically say stuff like that! We have hard working guys on here that guide like BUGLEnmIN and others that guide to put food on their family table and these people want him to work for nothing! Now we have people that have been on for even a little while but are on here chatting it up with the regulars guys and are genuine people I say help them out even if it’s here’s the game wardens number in your unit here’s his name and number give him a call! Hell that’s solid advice! Nothing wrong with that! How many people do you think we’ll get this year Or do you think these posts will scare them off?! LOL!

Last edited:
I just want to say that I’ve met a lot of great people on here. You definitely get back what you put in. Helping others is the back bone of this website and a lot of good people have supported my efforts over the last decade or so. This is not the site for the one and done rather for the life’ers. Super asset.

Hunt4more

I could not agree more..

I thought researching something was talking to others.
I’ve helped a fair share of people during my time on this site. Have made some friends along the way as well.
Joe’s post may come across a little blunt but there are those that do exactly what he’s talking about. It’s not so much that these types are “ seeking” to take money or food from others , it may just be they’re excited to talk about their tag and this is the best place to that! I personally don’t really discuss particulars in open forum or even unit drop . Some do ??‍♂️ I’m sure tons of people doing exactly as joe said here in two weeks.
I am personally more likely to help out the NR here on this site, but the residents that have the common sense to use the pm feature I will help if I can.
This is still America for the moment , and this is one of the FEW sites left that cancel culture hasn’t reached ! Thanks to founder for that! So honey hole posts INCOMING ??
Hell, this is where I met Hunt4more close to 10 years ago and we’ve stayed in contact since.

Last edited:
I just want to say that I’ve met a lot of great people on here. You definitely get back what you put in. Helping others is the back bone of this website and a lot of good people have supported my efforts over the last decade or so. This is not the site for the one and done rather for the life’ers. Super asset.
Exactly. I’ve been a member for going on two decades it seems. Found this website and have stayed with it. A lot of ups and downs, rude people. But there are a lot of good people also.

I will also say I don't blame some people about making fun just for fun but some are honestly not just saying it for fun..

I for one like to help as much as possible but especially on limited hunts that are hard for people to actively scout or go too.if someone draws a ogden moose a Willard mt goat or a a few other areas I know I actually feel good when someone reaches out to me for info and I feel like I'm part of the hunt..

I’ve helped a fair share of people during my time on this site. Have made some friends along the way as well.
Joe’s post may come across a little blunt but there are those that do exactly what he’s talking about. It’s not so much that these types are “ seeking” to take money or food from others , it may just be they’re excited to talk about their tag and this is the best place to that! I personally don’t really discuss particulars in open forum or even unit drop . Some do ??‍♂️ I’m sure tons of people doing exactly as joe said here in two weeks.
I am personally more likely to help out the NR here on this site, but the residents that have the common sense to use the pm feature I will help if I can.
This is still America for the moment , and this is one of the FEW sites left that cancel culture hasn’t reached ! Thanks to founder for that! So honey hole posts INCOMING ??
Hell, this is where I met Hunt4more close to 10 years ago and we’ve stayed in contact since.

Well, I just screwed up by giving good intel for squirrels in Unit 2B then...?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Faker email!

Screenshot_20230413_120146_Outlook.jpg

OMG Huntmore! There is no way that you could think I was being serious do you? What I wrote was a super exaggeration of some people that have actually came on here and same things like that! Since I can can here people have made me feel welcome and with out of their way to help me period. In 2017 I was coming out to NM in 2017 someone stole everything I had in Springfield MO. When I got home I posted a couple of pictures of my trailer where my buddies 4 wheeler was the night before and my Envoy where all my hunting clothes and everything else I own. Any way I won’t name names so I don’t embarrass them. These people told me to hurry out here and their offered to help me with ever I need to get out there and hunt. Go and look up my posts on this! I have always been supported of people on here just like when the guys on here went out of their way to here me and continue to do so. I even stood up for people that I thought were honest and just needed a little help and a few guys on here didn’t think so. I have a learning disabilities LOL! So when I write things a lot of times it doesn’t always come out right even though it sounds right to me! Ask anybody on here! LOL! I have always gone out of my way to help someone. So I hope this clarifies what I was meaning. Sorry for the confusion

Come on New Mexico elk deer antelope oryx or desert sheep!!! Ohhh ya Florida mountains baby!!!! All else fails I get a fat check!!!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN ? DINNER!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom