Draw...

This is the email I just got.

The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is preparing to conduct special hunts drawings and charge online applicants for Big Game hunting opportunities for antelope, bighorn sheep, Barbary sheep, deer, elk, ibex and javelina licenses. The Department reminds all online applicants that funds must be available through the credit card account on the application. You may also want to notify your credit card issuer that they should not decline transactions related to your hunt application. If you have moved, changed your credit card billing address, cancelled your card account or otherwise changed your status, please access your account at the Department website (http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us). All credit card information must be updated by 12:00 noon, Mountain Daylight Time, 04/09/2010. Thank you for participating in the New Mexico Big Game Draw.

>WOOHOO
>
>No email for me as of
>8 am.
> That email is the kiss
>of death for drawing tags.

What do you mean - "Kiss of death for drawing tags"?

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

My CC hasn't been hit. Should I be worried or does it just take a little while to get through all of them?

Grizzly

No e-mail for me also as of 10:20am today. I checked my account on game and fish and all my stuff was there. Also, I did receive the e-mails from the game and fish when I applied initially and the 10 bucks for each species was taken from my account that I applied for.

i got the email last year and drew an antelope and elk tag.....non resident....i got the email again this year.....hoping for the same luck!

I don't think the email has anything to do with the draw. But I WISH We didn't have to wait till june to find out the results. The paper apps is what holds it up, I guess.

The way I understand it, the email this year is different. It is to notifiy hunters they will be fronting the tag fee for deer even if not don't drawn unlike the past where you only see the tag charge if you draw. Then if not drawn, tag fee refunded. Right?

If I'm right, let's see how long it takes some unsuspecting hunter to get on this thread or another one and start asking for unit info as he finally drew THE TAG! because his cc wss hit.

The Christian

Well last year they sent the email out a few days before the draw date, just a reminder. Basically the same one we just got. But since its upfront fees now for everything, we got them early.

There were a few guys who didn't get the email a few years running, but drew tags. This is what WB is refering to. There may have been a little something to it the last few years (computer whoos) who knows? I don't think that is the case now.

Its like the first year the system didn't crash, so maybe its all fixed. Like I said, I got the emails last year and drew a deer tag.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom