drawing May 21st

NVdrhntr

drawing will be May 21st.
results posted to huntnevada.com by 5 pm on May 23rd.
usually by 3 pm.
come on baby.

Outstanding!!! I'm a resident going into the draw this year with 10 Antelope and 9 Elk bonus points. Hopefully this is my year.

I'm counting the days got 12 points on elk and 5 on deer as a resident and dad with 16 on mountain goat

Bad part is if I don't draw anything then I have to wait and over analyze for another entire year. I'm almost not in a hurry to get the news. I'd rather prolong it. ;-)

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

I say much closer to 5

It gets a little later in the day every year but it's been the Friday of Memorial Day the last what 5-6 years?

Only 5 points for bull elk but anything can happen shared some deer points so not expecting a tag there but pretty hopeful for a cow tag

I also don't mind the wait, as I've gotta make my Ca choice based on my Nv draw. Have 1pt in Nv, just going for unit 10, and 5 for Ca (7b).

Hoping to get a deer tag in unit 7 or 10 late(or 65 if I get really lucky), NR with 8 points, have hunted the unit several times in archery season looking forward to seeing what is like in the late season if I get lucky! Good luck to everyone!!

I'm getting married on Saturday the 24th so I'm not sure if I should check my results on Friday or not. It will be all fine and dandy IF I draw but if not I might be a little hard to deal with. LOL!!!

It's not good when it come down to Nevada to pull a tag for the fall.
Looks like there will be alot of Bird Hunting this year.

already got me a non-res UT muley tag... now time to pull off a miracle for NV and draw my archery elk tag with 7 points :)

>already got me a non-res UT
>muley tag... now time to
>pull off a miracle for
>NV and draw my archery
>elk tag with 7 points
>:)

Nice!! No luck in Utah for me. Between the wife and I Nevada should b good to us. At least it sure feels that way after the amount of times it felt like I clicked "yes" when putting in. Good luck

It will be here and gone before we know it.

That early muzzy elk tag for my wife would be great...........or any sheep tag.

Donated a bunch for the raffle, hat could happen....I guess.

It's gonna be here and gone before we know it.

The early muzzy elk tag for my wife would be great!!!

Or one of those raffle tags I donated to.

Or ANY sheep tag.

As a non-resy Nevada has been very good to me over the years. Two deer tags and one antelope tag. I have a funny feeling this year I may finally hit an elk or sheep tag. However good luck to all. JB Oregon City Oregon

As another nonresident, I have been treated very well by Nevada. In all the other states (6) (not counting Nevada) I put in as a nonresident, I have drawn 1 antelope, 2 cow elk and 1 mountain goat. In Nevada alone in 11 years I have draw 2 mule deer, 1 antelope 1 bull elk and 1 mountain goat. Their system of squaring points is what most states will be doing in the next decade or so. Once the young hunters start to realize how utterly screwed they are in a system like Wyoming's and others they will get it changed.

Will be interesting to see where I may end up this fall. Got a ~50% chance for OR elk, ~30% chance for WY deer, and 62 total critter points in Nevada so in the running for some good hunts. We'll see.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

Will Nv start hitting credit cards tomorrow night right after draw is complete? Or do they usually wait until results are posted?

The only tip you might see is a hit for PIW which means you didn't draw but actual tag charges won't be until next week if things are like the recent future

>As another nonresident, I have been
>treated very well by Nevada.
>In all the other states
> (6) (not counting Nevada)
>I put in as a
>nonresident, I have drawn 1
>antelope, 2 cow elk and
>1 mountain goat. In Nevada
>alone in 11 years
>I have draw 2 mule
>deer, 1 antelope 1 bull
>elk and 1 mountain goat.
>Their system of squaring points
>is what most states will
>be doing in the next
>decade or so. Once
>the young hunters start to
>realize how utterly screwed they
>are in a system like
>Wyoming's and others they will
>get it changed.

Squaring points screws a new entrant hard. Sure, you get a ping pong ball your first year but the guy with 12 years has 145 ping pong balls. Next year, you have 2 and he has 170. Next year and you have 5 and he has 197. You think Wyoming and Colorado have problems with a screwed up point system? Nevada squares their problem.

The best point system is no point system. If you want to reward loyalty, award 1 point for a year if you do not draw/buy/leftover/auction/landowner a tag for that species. Cap the max at 10 points so you have a better chance for just 10 years. A new entrant will catch up in 10 years. No Golden Ticket max point group that became the max point group by a fluke in timing when they were at an age the draw implemented point system.

I will take Nevada's system over all others. With that being said, I believe you should not be able to gain a point if you buy a landowner tag.

Ill take nevadas system anyday

sure the first two years are rough but after that what difference odds wise does it really make if your points are squared?

Some guys that have upwards of 20 points don't even buy their point every year because it really doesn't matter at that point.

And where lese can you mark 5 choices and have a chance at all 5?

People draw tags in Nv every year with no
points...
There aren't enough tags to cap Bonus points at Ten..
jester

I think NV has the best draw system out there hands down. Sure the guy with 20 points has a better shot at drawing but thats how it should be. With no points you still have a shot. I buy points in WY and every year the units i want to draw take one more point to draw than the previous year, leaving me with no chance at a tag. I'll take the Nevada system any day

The main problem with the NV draw system is the high cost of applications. They were the pioneers of extracting lots of money for nothing tangible (points)out of nonresidents. Of course, they don't have big game herds to rake in cash on sheer tag numbers. Now every state has jumped on the bandwagon so they are sort of average. That being said... points squared is cool. Better than straight preference.

>The main problem with the NV
>draw system is the high
>cost of applications. They were
>the pioneers of extracting lots
>of money for nothing tangible
>(points)out of nonresidents. Of course,
>they don't have big game
>herds to rake in cash
>on sheer tag numbers. Now
>every state has jumped on
>the bandwagon so they are
>sort of average. That being
>said... points squared is cool.
>Better than straight preference.

Of all the states input in for Idaho is the worst as far as cost. You get nothing for your license money if you don't draw aside from the fact that hey come on a general hunt. $200+ to apply for one choice that the tags are not even guaranteed for for non residents.

Glad I got a utah tag and hopefully something in Nevada so I don't have to donate to Idaho this year

+1 on the NV draw system being the best. If a guy with 20 points applies for one of my choices, I hope he draws. I can't imagine waiting 20 years for a tag. The most points I had was 9 for nonresident elk. I draw every 2 or 3 years for deer and drew pronghorn with 5 points.

Another great aspect of the system is posting results within 48 hours of the draw. No "back door" and no checking for early credit card hits. Draw and post the results, period.

The only improvement I could see is a fixed method for allocating nonresident tags. Every unit has a different percentage of nonresident tags.

I cannot conceive a better system, at least for non-residents. Most units have at least one-hundred non-resident applications for only a handful of tags. With a straight draw, the average non-resident would apply his entire lifetime without drawing a tag. Perhaps a straight draw would work well for residents...

So the nevada draw is basically like a guy with zero points get 2 raffle tickets in the draw the more points the more tickets/chances you have to win but you have the same chance has anybody right?

I refer to as like Pinkham pong balls or raffle tickets.

0 points 1 ticket
1 point 2 tickets
2 points 5 tickets
3=10
4=17

Points squared plus one

They say they technically draw every ticket in their words it's random number. Your lowest random number puts you inline with all the other hunters. This is what I like tags are awarded by hunter not by hunt meaning when they get to your name on the list they go through your choices until they run out of choices or come to a choice that has tags left for you

Other states put you in against everyone else who tried for the same hunt as you

Good luck everyone

Anyone check for PIW hits yet?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom