drawlength - 2005 mathews switchback

RockyDog

Would appreciate any help:

I had a 30" drawlength on my old bow i shot with fingers. I'm getting a 2005 switchback that is 28.5" and switching to a release.

Will my drawlength shorten up enough to use this bow? Or will I have to buy the new Cam to lengthen it? Anybody know what it costs to have the cam replaced?

thanks

With a release it will shorten up some but I don't know about an 1 1/2", You could use a longer d-loop with the release and also lose some length,It could be close if not possible but I would look into changing out the module or the cam, Sorry I don't know what the cost would be but would guess 50-60 bucks.There are some Matthew shooters on here that could possibly do a better job of answering if you hang out for a bit.
Good luck and hope it works out for ya,

Tagline

Thanks Tagline. Thats about what i assumed. I will try this bow for awhile and if its not a good fit have the cam replaced. Ive never used a release so i thought maybe the release shortened the drawlength. Gotta go buy one now.....any other advice is appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-07 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]I had to change cams on my 2005 Switchback. I went from 29" to 28". They cost about $85-90 for a new one. I still have the 29" and it's in perfectly good shape. If you are interested, $50 and I'll ship it to you?

I'd buy your 29" cams if that length ends up fitting me. I wont know for about a week. Did you shoot the 29" much?

I shot the 29" for a little while (maybe a few months max) as that is how I bought the bow. Then I realized that my form was a little screwy and I torqued too much. So I went to a narrower and smaller grip. Then I had to change to a 28" cam to get the bow to where it felt right.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom